Michael Bublé Michael Buble
|CYBER SALE:||$6.32 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.66 (30% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 11, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Reprise / WEA
Q - 1/04, p.1103 stars out of 5 - "[T]he smooth-voiced Canuck has few rivals when it comes to carrying the torch currently held by Tony Bennett."
- 3.Kissing A Fool
- 4.For Once In My Life
- 5.How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- 6.Summer Wind
- 7.You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- 8.Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- 9.Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- 11.The Way You Look Tonight
- 12.Come Fly With Me
- 13.That's All
This is an Enhanced CD, which contains both regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
Personnel: Michael Buble, Sherree Ford (vocals); David Foster (arranger, piano, synthesizer); Dean Parks (acoustic & electric guitars, percussion); Heitor Padilla (acoustic guitar); Michael Thompson, John Pisano (guitar);
Bob Sheppard, Dave Boroff (saxophone); Gary Grant (trumpet); Randy Waldman (piano, keyboards); Brian Bromberg (bass); Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Tull, Frank Capp, Joe Labarbera (drums); Raffael Padilla (percussion); Jochem Van Der Saag, Neil Devor, Felipe Elgueta (programming); Barry Gibb (background vocals).
Producers: David Foster, Humberto Gatica, Johnny Mandel.
Personnel: Jochem van der Saag (programming).
Right off the bat, Michael Buble has you in his corner just because you know people have been calling the poor guy "Bubble" all his life (keep that accent on the second syllable, folks). Nomenclature aside, Buble's debut album positions him as something of a Harry Connick, Jr. for the 21st century. His husky croon gives him a bearing beyond his tender years, and in fact his Sinatra-phrased, pop-jazz style bears strong echoes of Connick's singing. Accordingly, the production leans heavily on the updated swing of chestnuts like "Fever" and "Come Fly With Me," but that's only part of the story.
As a modern song stylist, Buble digs into the standards of a more contemporary songbook as well. George Michael's jazzy ballad "Kissing a Ballad" has been a standard-in-waiting for some time, and a version of the Bee Gees' soulful ballad "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart" features a guest turn by Barry Gibb himself. And there are worse things that could happen to Stevie Wonder's "For Once in My Life" than to be given the big-band treatment. It's refreshing to hear the debut of a young singer who's simply applying a strong voice and style to quality songs instead of cynically treading the teen-pop treadmill.
David Foster - Hit Man: David Foster & Friends (Blu-ray)
$20.01 CYBER SALE
Christmas (Limited Ed. on 180GV Red Or Green Vinyl) (LP)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 576 ratings.
Based on 576 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Pop Vocal: Classic Music Categories:
- Edie Adams There's So Much More (CD) ~ $7.80
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $7.78 CYBER SALE
- The Ames Brothers Hello Italy! / Knees Up! Mother Brown (And Other Funny Songs) (CD) ~ $8.78 CYBER SALE
- The Ames Brothers They, They, They Are the Ones (2-CD) ~ $17.99 CYBER SALE
- The Ames Brothers Together (2-CD) ~ $17.99 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Vocals genre:
- Bobby Vinton Mr. Lonely / Country Boy (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Mel Torme Love Songs (CD) ~ 01¢ CYBER SALE
- Sylvia Syms Columbia Years (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Richard Rodgers' No Strings: An After Theatre Version (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Nat "King" Cole / Natalie Cole Back 2 Back Vocal Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE