Dwight Yoakam In Other's Words
|You Save:||$0.73 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Dwight Yoakam ~ 3 Pears ~ $12.58
- by Dwight Yoakam ~ A Long Way Home ~ $13.25
- by Dwight Yoakam ~ Tomorrow's Sounds Today ~ $13.25
Products with a similar style:
- Clearance CDs with the ZHUS prefix may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: September 23, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
- 1.Borrowed Love
- 2.Rocky Road Blues
- 3.T For Texas
- 4.Cattle Call
- 6.New San Antonio Rose
- 7.Rapid City, South Dakota
- 9.Holding Things Together
- 10.Mystery Train
Personnel includes: Dwight Yoakam, Earl Scruggs, Asleep At The Wheel.
Producers include: Randy Scruggs, Ricky Skaggs, Pete Anderson, Ray Benson, Don Was.
Compilation producers: Jeremy Witt, Paige Levy.
Photographers: Brad Bowman; Peggy Sirota.
Arrangers: Dwight Yoakam; Pete Anderson.
In Others' Words is a contract fullfiller, or just Reprise attempting to cash in on Dwight Yoakam once more. For those fans of Yoakam's who buy his studio records and get frustrated at the sheer number of compilation and soundtrack cuts he has, this might do the trick to satisfy in lieu of a new album. Here are ten tracks culled from the various soundtracks and tribute albums Yoakam has participated in throughout the 1990s. In addition, there is one unreleased track, unavailable anywhere but here. Musically speaking, Yoakam puts the same amount of effort into his guest appearances. "Cattle Call," his cut from the Horse Whisperer soundtrack album, is every bit as satisfying as the material on his own album Gone. "Truckin," from the Arista label's Deadicated CD, is a classic as is his cover of Bill Monroe's "Rocky Road Blues." In addition, his read of Merle Haggard's "Holding Things Together" from Tulare Dust was one of that album's finest moments because of Yoakam's down-cold delivery of the Bakersfield phrase. As for "Louisville," the lone new cut, it's a mid-tempo honky tonker with more acoustic instruments than electric -- particularly the ringing dobro and shimmering mandolins. In Others' Words is far from a stellar set but does fill in the gaps nicely. ~ Thom Jurek
Wild Horses-A Rock & Roll Tribute To The Rolling Stones (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Return to Sin City - A Tribute to Gram Parsons (DVD)
$8.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
A Tombstone Every Mile [Bear Family] (7-CD Box Set)
$150.65 LABOR DAY
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE