Blake Shelton Blake Shelton's Barn & Grill
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.06 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.92 (21% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 26, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
- 1.Some Beach
- 2.Nobody But Me
- 3.Good Old Boy, Bad Old Boyfriend
- 4.Love Gets In The Way
- 5.Goodbye Time
- 6.Cotton Pickin' Time
- 7.What's On My Mind
- 8.When Somebody Knows You That Well
- 9.On A Good Day
- 10.The Bartender
- 11.I Drink
Personnel: Blake Shelton (acoustic guitar); Blake Shelton (vocals); Terry McMillan (whistling, whistle, harmonica, Jew's harp); John Willis, Bryan Sutton, Byrd Burton (acoustic guitar); Brent Rowan (electric guitar, bass guitar); Sonny Garrish (steel guitar); Connie Ellisor, David Davidson , David Angell (violin); Rob Hajacos (fiddle); Kris Wilkinson (viola); Carole Rabinowitz-Neuen (cello); Mike Rojas , Gordon Mote (piano); Tim Lauer (Hammond b-3 organ, Wurlitzer organ); Bobby Braddock (Wurlitzer organ, synthesizer, mini-Moog synthesizer); Alison Prestwood (bass guitar); Shannon Forest, Shannon Forrest (drums); Ed Seay (cymbals); Shawn Simpson (shaker); Danny Myrick, Curtis Young, John Wesley Ryles, Melodie Crittenden, Paul Overstreet, Wes Hightower, Blue Miller, Dennis Wilson , Carl Jackson (background vocals); Paul Franklin (steel guitar, lap steel guitar); Jonathan Yudkin (violin, fiddle, viola, cello).
Audio Mixer: Ed Seay.
Recording information: Cool Tools Audio, Tracking Room; Emerald Sound Studios "Tracking Room"; Sony-Tree Studio.
Photographer: Se¤or McGuire.
Blake Shelton's third album showcases a young country singer/songwriter with a penchant for storytelling and a willingness to mix poignancy and humor. On the opening track, "Some Beach," Shelton engages in a lighthearted romp highlighting the Jimmy Buffett influence that seemed to become more and more prevalent among country artists in the early 2000s. A tropical lilt is also present in the self-effacing "On a Good Day," which goes so far as to flirt with a reggae groove.
While Shelton delves into deeper emotions on "When Somebody Knows You That Well" and the grandly unfolding "The Bartender," perhaps the most striking moment on BARN & GRILL is the closing song, "I Drink." Penned by cult-favorite alt-country songwriter Mary Gauthier, it deftly traces a drinking problem back to a troubled childhood and an alcoholic father, with no sentimentalism whatsoever, using punchy, sardonic songcraft to deliver a powerful message that could very easily have come off heavy-handed. It's a fine way to end an album, and a hopeful sign of what could be around the corner on Shelton's fourth.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 67 ratings.
Based on 67 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Charlie Daniels The Door (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- John Anderson Paradise (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- T.G. Sheppard Strong Heart (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE