Randy Travis Passing Through
|You Save:||$0.73 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Randy Travis ~ Glory Train: Songs of Faith, Worship & Praise ~ $17.98
- by Randy Travis ~ I Told You So: The Ultimate Hits of Randy Travis (2-CD) ~ $10.64
- by Randy Travis ~ Influence, Volume 1: The Man I Am ~ $12.58
- by Randy Travis ~ The Very Best of Randy Travis ~ $15.85
- by Randy Travis ~ Worship & Faith ~ $16.59
Products with a similar style:
- Clearance CDs with the ZHUS prefix may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: November 9, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Warner Bros Mod Afw
- 1.Pick Up The Oars And Row
- 2.Four Walls
- 3.That Was Us
- 5.Running Blind
- 6.My Daddy Never Was
- 7.A Place To Hang My Hat
- 8.Right On Time
- 9.My Poor Old Heart
- 10.I'm Your Man
- 11.Train Long Gone
- 12.I Can See It In Your Eyes
Personnel: Randy Travis (vocals); Dan Dugmore (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, pedal steel guitar); Steve Gibson (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, gut-string guitar); Al Anderson (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Bryan Sutton (acoustic guitar, resonator guitar); Larry Beaird (acoustic guitar); John Jorgenson (electric guitar, slide guitar); Johnny Hiland, Kyle Lehning (electric guitar); Charlie McCoy (harmonica); John Jarvis (piano, electric piano, Hammond b-3 organ, Wurlitzer organ); Gordon Mote (piano); Tony Harrell (Hammond b-3 organ); David Hungate (bass instrument, upright bass); Viktor Krauss (upright bass); Kenny Malone (drums, tambourine, bells); Casey Wood (bass drum, tambourine); Dennis Linde, Lisa Silver, Vicki Hampton (background vocals); Pat Flynn (acoustic guitar); Brent Mason (electric guitar); Larry Franklin (fiddle); Paul Leim (drums); Eric Darken (percussion); Cindy Walker, Wes Hightower (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Kyle Lehning.
Recording information: Cartee Day Studios, Nashville, TN (09/2001-06/2004); Sound Emporium, Nashville, TN (09/2001-06/2004); The Electric Sandbox, Nashville, TN (09/2001-06/2004).
Photographer: Eric Swanson .
Well into his third decade as a country singer, Randy Travis continued to weather the changes in country music by remaining true to his own aesthetic. Travis was at the frontline of country's New Traditionalists in the 1980s, and, on 2004's PASSING THROUGH, he remains as roots-conscious as ever. For instance, the album's opening cut, the inspirational "Pick Up the Oars and Row," neatly splits the difference between Western Swing and barroom ballad, while the relatively up-tempo (Travis generally likes things slow and steady) "My Poor Old Heart" ventures into vintage George Jones honky-tonk territory. Travis retains one of the finest baritones in all of country music. On such ballads as the devotional "I'm Your Man" (not to be confused with the Leonard Cohen song of the same name) and the heart-on-a-sleeve "I Can See It in Your Eyes," he digs in deep to find every ounce of emotion in the song, twisting his captivating vocal chords around the melodies with an easy sense of mastery. That deceptively casual grace is the stuff of which true country legends are made.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)(10)
$5.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE