The Eagles Eagles Live (2-CD)
|CYBER SALE:||$16.04 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.94 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Eric Clapton 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Eric Clapton (CD) ~ $5.39
- Eric Clapton Eric Clapton's Rainbow Concert (Remastered) (CD) ~ $7.38
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 6, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Elektra / WEA
Q - 7/93, p.1043 Stars - Good - "...this is The Eagles just before the split...If they were as disillusioned as they claim they were by then, it doesn't show. Quite the opposite in fact; this performance is as crisp and enjoyably spirited as this sort of thing can be..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Hotel California
- 2.Heartache Tonight
- 3.I Can't Tell You Why
- 4.The Long Run
- 5.New Kid In Town
- 6.Life's Been Good
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Seven Bridges Road
- 2.Wasted Time
- 3.Take It To The Limit
- 4.Doolin-Dalton (Reprise II)
- 6.Saturday Night
- 7.All Night Long
- 8.Life In The Fast Lane
- 9.Take It Easy
The Eagles: Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh, Don Felder (vocals, guitar); Timothy B. Schmidt (vocals, bass); Don Henley (vocals, drums).
Additional personnel: The Monstertones (vocals); Jage Jackson (guitar, percussion); Phil Kenzie (saxophone); Joe Vitale (piano, organ, drums, percussion); Vince Melamed (electric piano); J.D. Souther.
Engineers include: Allan Blazek, Billy Youdelman, Buddy Thornton.
The Eagles were riding high on the success of their 1979 album THE LONG RUN when they released this two-LP live set (faithfully reproduced on two short CDs). They were also about to break up, making EAGLES LIVE their unintended swan song. Unintentional or not, EAGLES LIVE makes a nice wrap to the Eagles' not-so-long but incredibly strong run, featuring nearly studio-perfect renderings of the ballads ("Desperado") and country rockers ("New Kid in Town") on which they made their name, and of the tougher rockers they drifted toward later in their career (such as "The Long Run," which Glenn Frey introduces as "our tribute to Memphis, Tennessee"). EAGLES LIVE also includes a harmony-filled cover of Steve Young's lovely "Seven Bridges Road," which turned out to be the Eagles' last pre-reunion hit, and a couple of Joe Walsh solo turns (including "All Night Long," from the 1980 movie URBAN COWBOY). Most of the album was recorded in July 1980; a few tunes from October 1976 are thrown in for good measure. All of it was recorded in California, as an Eagles album should be.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 41 ratings.
Based on 41 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Freddy Cannon Have A Boom Boom Christmas!! (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists The Best of Christmas: 25 Original Hits by the Original Artists (Disc 3) (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE