Yes Yessongs (2-CD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$17.82 Limited Time Only|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Asia Alpha (CD) ~ $5.97
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: September 20, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: East/West Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Opening "Firebird Suite"
- 2.Siberian Khatru
- 3.Heart Of The Sunrise
- 4.Perpetual Change
- 5.And You And I: Cord Of Life / Eclipse / The Preacher And The Teacher / AThe pocalypse
- 6.Mood For A Day
- 7.The Six Wives Of Henry VIII (excerpts)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.I've Seen All Good People: Your Move / All Good People
- 2.Long Distance Runaround
- 3.The Close To The Edge: Solid Time Of Change / Total Mass Retain / I Get Up I Get Down / Seasons Of
- 4.Yours Is No Disgrace
- 5.Starship Trooper: Life Seeker / Disillusion / Wurm
Yes: Rick Wakeman (keyboards); Chris Squire (bass instrument, background vocals); Steve Howe (background vocals); Jon Anderson , Alan White , Bill Bruford.
Personnel: Steve Howe (vocals, guitar); Chris Squire , Jon Anderson (vocals); Alan White , Bill Bruford (drums).
Illustrators: Martyn Dean; Roger Dean .
Photographers: Martyn Dean; David Gahr.
In 1972, Yes's brand of classically influenced, larger-than-life progressive rock had not yet been supplanted by the vitriol of punk, and concert-going kids would still greet 20-minute songs performed in their entirety with shrieks of delight and up-raised lighters. YESSONGS captures the group at the height of both its musical power and popularity. Perhaps surprisingly for such a progressive band, Yes uses the live setting to its advantage, finding musical space to explore even within its complicated arrangements. In some cases, these versions make the album versions sound a bit subdued.
Especially compelling is "And You and I" from CLOSE TO THE EDGE, and a smoking rendition of "Roundabout", which one imagines the band wasn't totally sick of playing yet. YESSONGS serves as a compelling showcase for the guitar heroics of Steve Howe, from his intimate solo-acoustic "Mood for a Day" to his scintillating solo on "Yours is No Disgrace," which seems to float in the air and uncoil like a snake. The playing of the rest of the group is equally impressive, particularly the classically inclined keyboard excursions of Rick Wakeman. YESSONGS contains many of the band's finest compositions, and is one of the definitive live documents of the progressive rock genre.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 111 ratings.
Based on 111 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Yellowjackets Greenhouse (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE