Led Zeppelin BBC Sessions (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$2.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 17, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Atlantic
Rolling Stone - 12/25/97, p.164"...captures Led Zeppelin in their early, hungry prime, a white blues-rock band with big ideas and the instrumental might and cocksure nerve to pull them off..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/28/97, p.85"Let Page and Plant timewarp you back to a pre-PHYSICAL GRAFFITI era when Zep were still breathing blues fire. These oft-bootlegged live shows from '69 and '71 (remastered by Page himself) are sloppy, gravy thick, and rife with inspired Page-Plant interplay..."
- Rating: B
Melody Maker - 11/29/97, p.44"...the band at their rawest, bluesiest best."
Musician - 4/98, pp.87-88"...the mettle of the mighty Zep comes through loud and raw....BBC SESSIONS is a must own..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.You Shook Me
- 2.I Can't Quit You Baby
- 3.Communication Breakdown (Tasty Pop Sundae Show)
- 4.Dazed And Confused
- 5.The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair (Tasty Pop Sundae Show)
- 6.What Is And What Should Never Be
- 7.Communication Breakdown
- 8.Travelling Riverside Blues
- 9.Whole Lotta Love
- 10.Somethin' Else (Tasty Pop Sundae Show)
- 11.Communication Breakdown
- 12.I Can't Quit You Baby
- 13.You Shook Me
- 14.How Many More Times
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Immigrant Song
- 3.Since I've Been Loving You
- 4.Black Dog
- 5.Dazed And Confused
- 6.Stairway To Heaven
- 7.Going To California
- 8.That's The Way
- 9.A Whole Lotta Love: Boogie Chillun / Fixin' To Die / That's Alright Mama / Mess Of Blues
- 10.Thank You
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The material on the BBC SESSIONS is drawn from the band's performances for the British Broadcasting Corporation in 1969 and 1971. Disc 1 is presented in mono while Disc 2 is presented in stereo.
Led Zeppelin: Robert Plant (vocals); Jimmy Page (guitar); John Paul Jones (keyboards, bass); John Bonham (drums).
Recorded between 1969 and 1971.
Includes liner notes by Luis Rey.
Personnel: Robert Plant (vocals); Jimmy Page (guitar, electric guitar); John Bonham (drums).
Liner Note Author: Luis Rey.
Recording information: 03/03/1969-04/01/1971.
Photographer: Chris Walter.
There is no question that Led Zeppelin was one of the greatest studio bands ever. Every rock album made since 1969 owes a huge debt to the techniques Jimmy Page developed, especially his groundbreaking "guitar-as-orchestra" style of layering track upon track. But what is often forgotten is that for all of their studio tinkering, they could deliver a live performance as powerful and full of spontaneity as any "jam" band.
Disc one, recorded on four separate nights in 1969, shows a raw, blues-obsessed rock and roll band. The emphasis is clearly placed on creating a highly-charged improvisatory atmosphere. Recorded in 1971, just before the release of their seminal IV album, disc two captures a band exploring the limits of what they could create live without losing sight of their roots. The performances are more cerebral and introspective, with more attention paid to arrangements, though they still find the time to stretch out and jam, particularly during "Whole Lotta Love" and "Dazed And Confused." Recorded at two critical points in the band's career, THE BBC SESSIONS offers an important look at Led Zeppelin as they define and redefine themselves, and in the process, rock and roll.
Jimmy Page / Robert PlantNo Quarter: Jimmy Page & Robert Plant Unledded [US Bonus...
$16.14 Super Savings
Hard Rock Treasures - A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Rock 'n'... (DVD)
$5.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
What You Want Is in the Limo: On the Road with Led... (Book)
$6.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 160 ratings.
Based on 160 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE