Dio The Dio Anthology: Stand Up And Shout (2-CD)
|You Save:||$2.01 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 27, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Rhino
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Hoochie Koochie Lady
- 2.I'm Coming Back For You
- 3.Carolina County Ball
- 4.Man On The Silver Mountain
- 6.Long Live Rock 'N' Roll
- 7.Neon Knights
- 8.Children Of The Sea
- 9.Heaven And Hell
- 10.Turn Up The Night
- 11.The Sign Of The Southern Cross
- 12.The Mob Rules
- 13.Computer God
- 15.Sacred Heart
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Stand Up And Shout
- 2.Holy Diver
- 3.Don't Talk To Strangers
- 4.Straight Through The Heart
- 5.Rainbow In The Dark
- 6.We Rock
- 7.The Last In Line
- 8.Egypt (The Chains Are On)
- 9.King Of Rock And Roll
- 10.Hungry For Heaven
- 11.Dream Evil
- 12.All The Fools Sailed Away
- 13.Lock Up The Wolves
- 14.Strange Highways
This is a career-spanning retrospective of Ronnie James Dio, from his beginnings with Elf, Rainbow and Black Sabbath, to his later solo work.
Producers include: Ronnie James, Dio, Roger Glover, Ian Paice, Martin Birch.
Compilation producers: Ronnie James, Dio, Wendy Dio, Dean Schachtel, David McLees.
Includes liner notes by Lonn Friend.
Personnel: Micky Lee Soule (vocals, piano, Clavinet, organ, Mellotron, keyboards); Ronnie James Dio (vocals); Craig Goldy, Steve Edwards , Rowan Robertson, Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi, Vivian Campbell, David "Rock" Feinstein (guitar); Ray Swinfield (clarinet); Henry Lowther (trumpet); Chris Pyne (trombone); Claude Schnell, Geoff Nicholls , David Stone, Jeff Pilson, Jens Johansson, Jimmy Bain, Tony Carey (keyboards); Gary Driscoll (drums, percussion); Cozy Powell, Simon Wright , Vinny Appice, Bill Ward (drums); Liza Strike, Barry St. John (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Darren Galer; Stephan Wissnet; Martin Birch; Mike Fraser; Nigel Green; Tony Platt.
Audio Remasterers: Dan Hersch; Digi Prep; Bill Inglot.
Recording information: Caribou Ranch, Caribou, CO; County Convention Center, San Antonio, TX; Criteria Recording Studios, Miami, FL; Le Chateau Studios, Herouville, France; Musicland Studios, Munich, DE; Nederland, CO; Rumbo Recorders, Canoga Park, CA; Seattle Center Arenea, Seattle, WA; Sound City, Van Nuays, CaRockfield Studios, Monmouth, W; Studio Ferber, Paris, France; Studio One, Atlanta, GA; The Manor Studios, Oxfordshire, England; The Record Plant, Los Angeles, CA; The San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego, CA; Village West Recorder, West Los Angeles, CAGranny's Hou.
Photographers: Ross Marino; Gene Kirkland; Neil Zlozower.
With his sword-and-sorcery performances, demonic mascot, and bold vocal stylings, Ronnie James Dio is a classic-metal icon, best known for his own band, Dio, which became one of the genre's most popular acts in the mid-1980s. Whereas the earlier Rhino collection THE VERY BEAST OF DIO focuses only on the group's 1980s and early-'90s outings, the two-disc STAND UP AND SHOUT presents many of those tracks, and also includes the singer's finest recordings with Elf, Rainbow, and, most notably, the post-Ozzy Black Sabbath.
STAND UP AND SHOUT opens with three early-'70s tunes by Dio's first group, Elf, and fans may be surprised to find that this blues-rock band had more in common with the Faces (particularly on the piano-driven "Hoochie Koochie Lady") than proto-metal groups like Led Zeppelin. Dio's subsequent work with Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow makes a sizeable leap towards a heavy sound (especially the mystical "Man on the Silver Mountain"), but it is his early-'80s stint with Sabbath that truly solidifies his allegiance to metal (see the blistering "Neon Knights"). The entire second disc of this well-selected anthology is dedicated to Dio's eponymous ensemble, and features riff-laden, fantasy-imbued anthems such as "Holy Diver" and "Rainbow in the Dark," rounding out a peerless overview of Ronnie James Dio's best moments.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Heavy Metal genre:
- Lita Ford / Pseudo Echo Kiss Me Deadly / Funkytown (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Motörhead Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Cinderella Nobody's Fool / Shelter Me (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Biohazard State of The World Address (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Slaughter Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE