Quincy Jones Back on the Block
12 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.64 (30% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Released: August 9, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Dreamworks
Description by OLDIES.com:
2005 marks Quincy Jones' 60th year as a professional musician. We are proud to present this classic album from this visionary's own Qwest Records catalog that illuminates his gifts as a performer, producer, arranger, conductor, composer, talent scout and record company executive, among many other talents. Back on the Block features 3 #1 R&B smash hits: "I'll Be Good To You," "Tomorrow (A Better You, Better Me)" and "The Secret Garden (Sweet Seduction Suite)."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Prologue (2Q's Rap)(Quincy's Rap)
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Back On The Block
- $0.99 on iTunes3.I Don't Go For That Prince
- 4.I'll Be Good To You
- $0.99 on iTunes5.The Verb To Be
- $0.99 on iTunes6.We B. Dooinit (Acappella Party)
- 7.The Places You Find Love
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Jazz Corner Of The World (Introduction To Birdland)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Birdland
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Setembro (Brazilian Wedding Song)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.One Man Woman
- 12.Tomorrow (A Better You, Better Me)
- 13.Prelude To The Garden
- $1.29 on iTunes14.The Secret Garden (Sweet Seduction Suite)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Quincy Jones (vocals, keyboards, programming); Bobby McFerrin (vocals, bass, percussion); Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Chaka Khan, Dionne Warrick, Al Jarreau, Luther Vandross, Barry White, Take 6, Tevin Campell, James Ingram, El DeBarge, Al B. Sure! (vocals); Ice-T, Big Daddy Kane, Kool Moe Dee, Melle Mel (rap vocals); James Moody, Gerald Albright (alto saxophone); Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis (trumpet); Herbie Hancock, George Duke (keyboards); George Benson, Steve Lukather, Paul Jackson, Jr., (guitar); Nathan East (bass); Harvey Mason (drums); Steve Porcaro, Josef Zawinul, Rod Temperton (programming); Paulinho Da Costa (percussion).
Engineers include: Bruce Swedien, Don Cobb, Dave Frazier.
Recorded at Oceanway Record One, Lighthouse Studios, Westlake Audio, Los Angeles, California; Digital Recorders, Nashville, Tennessee; Tarpan Studios, San Rafael, California.
1989's BACK ON THE BLOCK is a producer's record in every sense of the word. Although he produced and arranged every track, Quincy Jones is rarely front and center on his own album. Instead, every track is jazzed up--and souled up and rocked up and popped up--by a galaxy of guest stars. The range is remarkable; any album that can bring together Ella Fitzgerald and Ice-T has to have something going for it. That something is Jones's uncanny ability to match artists and songs; few other producers would have thought of a Ray Charles and Chaka Khan duet, and having that song be the exhilarating "I'll Be Good To You" is just lagniappe. Jones's jazz roots show proudly throughout, most particularly on the slinky bossa nova groove of "Septembro (Brazilian Wedding Song)" and the celebratory tribute "Birdland." However, BACK ON THE BLOCK is really a concept album about the 20th century evolution of African-American music.
In the Heat of the Night (40th Anniversary Ed.) (WS) (DVD)(113)
$10.84 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 31 ratings.
Based on 31 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE