June Carter Cash Keep on the Sunny Side - June Carter: Her Life in Music
|You Save:||$1.60 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Johnny Cash ~ At Folsom Prison ~ $6.30
- by The Carter Family ~ Can the Circle Be Unbroken?: Country Music's First Family ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Johnny Cash / June Carter Cash ~ Duets ~ $8.64
- by Johnny Cash ~ Legend (4-CD Box Set) ~ $42.51
- by June Carter Cash ~ Wildwood Flower ~ $12.58
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: August 2, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Sony
Description by OLDIES.com:
Keep on the Sunny Side - June Carter: Her Life in Music begins in 1939 with a high-spirited young June singing "Keep on the Sunny Side," the Carter Family's theme song, with her uncle and aunt, A.P. and Sara Carter, and her mother. This exemplary two-disc set, containing 40 songs (two of them previously unreleased) recorded mostly for Columbia, spans 64 years and touches upon every aspect of Ms. Carter Cash's remarkable career as singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist on auto harp and guitar.
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1184 stars out of 5 - "[She] was a vital country music force in her own right."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Keep On The Sunny Side
- 2.Oh! Susannah
- 3.Root, Hog Or Die
- 4.Baby, It's Cold Outside
- 5.Country Girl
- 6.Foggy Mountain Top
- 7.Fair And Tender Ladies
- 8.He's Solid Gone
- 9.Juke Box Blues
- 10.No Swallerin' Place
- 11.Love Oh Crazy Love
- 12.He Went Slippin' Around
- 13.Well I Guess I Told You
- 14.Strange Woman
- 15.The Heel
- 16.How Did You Get Away From Me
- 17.Tall Loverman
- 18.Without A Love To Call My Own
- 19.Ring Of Fire
- 20.Keep On The Sunny Side
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Johnny Cash & June CarterJackson
- 2.Johnny Cash & June CarterIf I Were A Carpenter
- 3.Johnny Cash & June CarterThe Loving Gift
- 4.June Carter CashA Good Man
- 5.June Carter CashOle Slewfoot
- 6.June Carter CashLosin' You
- 7.June Carter CashThe Shadow Of A Lady
- 8.June Carter CashGatsby's Restaurant
- 9.Once Before I Die
- 10.June Carter CashThe L&N Don't Stop Here Anymore
- 11.June Carter CashEast Virginia Blues
- 12.June Carter CashGone
- 13.June Carter CashAppalachian Pride
- 14.June Carter CashI Love You Sweetheart
- 15.June Carter CashAnother Broken Hearted Girl
- 16.June Carter CashSong To John
- 17.Far Side Banks Of Jordan
- 18.Diamonds In The Rough
- 19.June Carter CashWill The Circle Be Unbroken
- 20.June Carter CashKeep On The Sunny Side
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: June Carter Cash (vocals, autoharp); June Carter Cash (guitar); Mother Maybelle Carter (vocals, guitar, autoharp); Homer & Jethro (vocals, guitar, mandolin); Homer Haynes, Sara Carter (vocals, guitar); Jethro Burns (vocals, mandolin); Helen Carter (vocals, accordion, background vocals); Anita Carter, Carlene Carter (vocals, background vocals); Carl "The Truth" Smith, Rosey Nix, A.P. Carter, Rosanne Cash, Carter Sisters, Carl Smith (vocals); Laura Cash (guitar, background vocals); David O Jones, Jack Routh, Kelso Herston, Marty Stuart, Norman Blake, Red Lane, Billy Grammer, Jerry Shook (guitar); Chet Atkins, Grady Martin, Luther Perkins, Bob Wootton (electric guitar); Johnny Sibert, Buddy Emmons (steel guitar); Bob Johnson (banjo, lute); John McEuen (banjo); Jimmy Ibbotson, Nancy Blake (mandolin); Gordon Terry, Johnny Gimble, Tommy Jackson (fiddle); Rufus Long (flute); Bob Carpenter (accordion); George Tidwell (trumpet); "Papa" John Gordy, Floyd Cramer, Bill Pursell, Jerry Whitehurst, Larry McCoy (piano); David Johnston, Larry Butler (keyboards); W.S. Holland, D.J. Fontana, Rick Lonow, Farris Coursey (drums); Lorrie Carter Bennett, Tiffany A. Lowe, Jan Howard (background vocals); Johnny Cash (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Jerry Hensley (vocals, guitar); Earl Scruggs (guitar); The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.
Liner Note Authors: Elvis Costello; Holly George-Warren.
Recording information: Hendersonville, TN (1939-2003); Maces Springs, VA (1939-2003); Nashville, TN (1939-2003); San Antonio (1939-2003).
Photographers: Ken Regan; Don Hunstein; Jim Marshall ; Urve Kuusik; Fred Lombardi; Les Leverett; Alan Messer.
The first anthology to focus exclusively on June Carter Cash's decades-spanning career, 2005's KEEP ON THE SUNNY SIDE offers up 40 of her finest moments. Born into the legendary Carter Family, June took to playing folk and country tunes on autoharp and guitar, as well as singing in a distinctive, high-pitched voice. Later, her earthy beauty, bold personality, and good-natured humor would lead to success as a comedienne and, eventually, gain the attention of then-troubled Johnny Cash. While bringing Cash stability before and during their marriage was one of her greatest achievements, June also crafted an impressive song catalog, both with and without Cash and other members of the Carter Family. Highlights here include the uplifting title track (which appears in three different versions), and "Jackson," a raucous duet with Cash that became a virtual theme song for the couple. Though June may have been overshadowed by her more-famous relatives, this collection proves that she was a compelling performer in her own right.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE