Kongo (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
|You Save:||$6.01 (33% Off)|
Black Moon (Full Screen) ~ $17.98
Princess of the Nile ~ $15.16
West of Zanzibar (Full Screen) ~ $12.79
More products that might interest you:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 22 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: May 3, 2011
- Originally Released: 1932
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Walter Huston, Lupe Velez, Conrad Nagel & Virginia Bruce|
|Directed by||William J. Cowan|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Brutality, sexuality, depravity -- all are at the forefront of this disturbing yet transfixing pre-Code shocker previously filmed as the Lon Chaney-Lionel Barrymore silent West of Zanzibar.
- Theatrical Movie Untamed Africa. Join the Hubbard Family -- father, mother and two small children -- on safari. Encounter giraffes, hippos, leopards and crocodiles; share the terror when a grass fire engulfs the Hubbards' camp; share the fun when pet monkeys join the expedition; and witness a hyena/lioness battle and a heart-stopping lion attack on the Hubbards' oxen.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
I must admit that I had never seen or heard of this film. A friend of mine recommended that I watch "Kongo" because of the fact that for many years, this film appeared to be lost. To my amazement, "Kongo" is a brilliant film that I would never forget. Although, you need a strong stomach to watch "Kongo" the whole production starting with the directing and ending with the acting is outstanding! Enough talk, get this film and I guarantee you that no other film can compare with it. No wonder why after 82 years, "Kongo" stands the test of time.