- Released: February 5, 1999
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Sony Special Product
- 1.When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder
- 2.An Evening Prayer
- 3.A Little Spot In Heaven
- 4.What God Has Done
- 5.You Gotta Climb
- 6.Almost Persuaded
- 7.There's Power In The Blood
- 8.With His Hand On My Shoulder
- 9.The Great Speckled Bird
- 10.Will The Circle Be Unbroken
- 11.Who At My Door Is Standing
- 12.Have Thine Own Way, Lord
Personnel: Marty Robbins (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Marizona Robbins.
Editor: Sally Hinkle.
Illustrator: Bill Imhoff.
Considering the excellence of this album, it's surprising that Robbins didn't record more gospel music. It's downright shocking, however, that save for "The Great Speckled Bird" on Singin' the Hits, none of these tracks have ever appeared on a Robbins compilation. Even the incredibly varied Essential Marty Robbins: 1951-1982 ignores it completely, but oh well -- that makes it worthy of reissue, and there's nothing wrong with that. This isn't classic stuff, but it's punchy and tender in all the right places, highlighted by a vivacious take on "When the Roll Is Called up Yonder," a somber, beautiful "Almost Persuaded," and the delicate closer, "Have Thine Own Way, Lord." Robbins sings passionately throughout, and the background singers, who have ruined many a '60s country record, actually enhance this one, giving the songs a churchy feel. Its budget price makes it a nice addition to any library. ~ Jim Smith