- Released: December 14, 2009
- Label: Atlantic
- 1.Avatar: You don't dream in cryo...
- 2.Avatar: Jake enters his avatar world
- 3.Avatar: Pure spirits of the forest
- 4.Avatar: The bioluminescence of the night
- 5.Avatar: Becoming one of The People / Becoming one with Neytiri
- 6.Avatar: Climbing up Iknimaya - The Path to Heaven
- 7.Avatar: Jake's first flight
- 8.Avatar: Scorched earth
- 9.Avatar: Quaritch
- 10.Avatar: The destruction of Hometree
- 11.Avatar: Shutting down Grace's lab
- 12.Avatar: Gathering all the Na'vi clans for battle
- 13.Avatar: War
- 14.I See You (Theme from Avatar)
Composer: James Horner.
Audio Mixer: Simon Rhodes .
Liner Note Authors: James Cameron; James Horner.
Recording information: The Newman Stage, Twentieth Century Fox Studios.
Photographer: Mark Fellman.
The score for director James Cameron's epic 3-D sci-fi adventure Avatar was composed by longtime collaborator James Horner, who won an Oscar for his work on the director's 1997 blockbuster, Titanic. Never one to shy away from familiar motifs, the vaguely wistful, mostly magical main theme that weaves its way throughout the film relies unapologetically on the composer's Titanic love theme (try humming the first three notes of the chorus to the Horner-penned Celine Dion smash "My Heart Will Go On"), but the overall feel of the score owes more to Ennio Morricone's iconic work on The Mission, utilizing an atmospheric blend of native drums and choirs with lush, traditional adventure orchestration. The album is rounded out with Leona Lewis' torch ballad "I See You." ~ James Christopher Monger