Guy Mitchell Heartaches by the Number
- Released: May 1, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Bear Family
- 1.Heartaches by the Number
- 2.Crazy With Love
- 4.Singing the Blues - (previously unreleased)
- 5.Notify the F.B.I.
- 6.The Same Old Me
- 7.Sunshine Guitar
- 8.My Shoes Keep Walking Back to You
- 9.(Can't Get Enough of That) Sweet Stuff
- 10.Hoot Owl
- 11.Knee Deep in the Blues
- 12.Take Me Back Baby
- 13.'Cause I Love You, That's a Why
- 14.Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
- 15.The Roving Kind
- 16.My Heart Cries for You
- 17.A Dime and a Dollar
- 18.My Truly, Truly Fair
- 19.The House of the Swinging Bamboo
- 20.Sparrow on the Treetop
- 21.Christopher Columbus
- 22.Belle, Belle, My Liberty Belle
- 23.Ninety Nine Years (Dead or Alive)
- 24.Pretty Little Black-Eyed Suzie
Personnel: Guy Mitchell (vocals); Mindy Cason, Mindy Carson, Rosemary Clooney (vocals); Danny Perri, Everett Barksdale, Allen Hanlon, Hy White, Willard Suyker, George Barnes, Ed O'Connor, Art Ryerson, Don Arnone, Al Casamenti, John Pizzarelli, John Smith, Al Caiola, Tony Mottola, Al Chernet, Mundell Lowe, Billy Mure, Carl Lynch (guitar); Ed Vito, Myor Rosen, Abe Rosen (harp); George Ockner, Harry Azen, M. Gusikoff, Milton Lomask (violin); Richard Dickler, Leon Frengut (viola); Raoul Sims (cello); B. Gaskins, H. Moskovitz (flute); Charles Magnante (accordion); Russell Banzer, H. Geldman, William Versaci, Bernard Kaufman, Jimmy Abato, Harold Feldman (saxophone); Fred Klein, John Barrows, James Buffington, Ray Alonge (French horn, horns); Joseph Singer (French horn); Larry Altpeter, Al Godlis (trombone); Buddy Weed, Joe P. Antman, Sy Mann, Lou Stein, Andrew Ackers, Stan Freeman, Bert Keyes (piano); Robert M. Rosengarden, Jack Saunders, Jack Marshall, Jimmy Crawford , Terry Snyder, Bobby Rosengarden , Ed Shaughnessy, Cliff Leeman, Norris "Bunny" Shawker, Johnny Blowers, Chauncey Morehouse (drums); Martin Grupp, Phil Kraus (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Peter Grendysa.
Recording information: Columbia Recording Studio, New York, NY (10/21/1950-06/15/1960); Columbia Studio, New York, NY (10/21/1950-06/15/1960).
Photographers: Michael Ochs; Richard Weize.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Allen Hanlon; Buddy Weed; Guy Mitchell; Joe P. Antman; Myor Rosen.
But for the absence of his duet "You're Just in Love" with Rosemary Clooney, this 25-song disc would be the perfect, definitive Guy Mitchell compilation, containing his first two Columbia hits and its follow-ups, his other recordings in the folk/novelty vein that was big then, as well as his late-'50s smashes "Singin' the Blues" and "Knee Deep in the Blues," going right to the end of Mitchell's career with the label. It is all mastered exceptionally well, and heavily annotated. ~ Bruce Eder
Heart Of Country: 48 Classics Of Country & Western (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
King of Country Music [Bear Family Box Set] (2-CD)
$41.84 Super Savings
There's Been a Change in Me (1951-1955) (7-CD Box Set)
$167.39 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE