- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 30, 2010
- Originally Released: 1951
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc 1: Deleted scene: "Pig and Pepper"
- "Reflections on Alice" featurette
- Virtual Wonderland party
- Disc #2: An Alice comedy: "Alice's Wonderland"
- "From Wonderland to never land"
- Original theatrical soundtrack
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- PCM Mono - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 01/27/2004
"This Disney classic is a psychedelic hoot."
Entertainment Weekly - 02/13/2004
Premiere - 03/01/2004
"The result is visually beautiful, never less than engaging..."
A.V. Club - 02/09/2011
"[With] casually surreal flower gardens...and wondrous backgrounds that broke with house style in favor of the more stylized animation and lush color palettes coming into vogue." -- Grade: B
Animated musical version of the Lewis Carroll classic about a prim young girl who falls down a rabbit hole and encounters an upside-down, illogical, magical world. This is the classic Disney version, featuring beautiful animation and startling imagery.
Disney Film |
Essential Cinema |
Family (General) |
- Theatrical release: 1951.
Rereleased 1974 and 1981.
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND is the 13th full-length animated feature from Walt Disney Pictures.
- Shot in Technicolor.
- Debut film for actress Kathryn Beaumont.
- Additional credits: Milt Banta & Tom Oreb (story); Mac Davis (directing animator); Jud Conlon (vocal arranger); Joseph Dubin (orchestrator); Al Hoffman (songs).
- Layout Artists: Mac Stewart; Tom Codrick; Charles Philippi; A. Kendall O'Connor; Hugh Hennesy; Don Griffith; Thor Putnam; and Lance Nolley
- Color and Styling: Mary Blair; John Hench; Claude Coats; Ken Anderson; and Don Da Gradi
- Character Animation: Hal King; Don Lusk; Judge Whitaker; Cliff Nordberg; Hal Ambro; Harvey Toombs; Bill Justice; Fred Moore; Phil Duncan; Marvin Woodward; Bob Carlson; Hugh Fraser; and Charles Nicholas.
- Effects Animation: Josh Meador; George Rowley; DanMacManus; and Blaine Gibson
- Backgrounds: RayHuffine; Ralph Hulett; Art Riley; Brice Mack; Dick Anthony; and Thelma Witmer
- Copyright 1951 Walt Disney Productions.