The Black Scorpion
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Horror Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Stop-Motion Masters with Ray Harryhausen
- Never-Before-Seen Test Footage of the Las Vegas Monster and Beetleman
- Harryhausen-Animated Dinosaur Sequence from Irwin Allen's 1956 The Animal World
- Subtitles in English, French & Spanish
- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 21, 2003
- Originally Released: 1957
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Mono - English
- Test Footage
- Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Richard Denning, Mara Corday & Carlos Rivas|
|Directed by||Edward Ludwig|
|Screenplay by||David Duncan & Robert Blees|
|Composition by||Paul Sawtell|
|Story by||Paul Yawitz|
|Director of Photography:||Lionel Lindon|
Description by OLDIES.com:
With top special effects co-designed by King Kong's Willis O'Brien, The Black Scorpion is horror with a sting more lethal than the king-sized ants that overran Los Angeles' sewers in the classic Them! Can humankind survive these invincible juggernauts? That fate rests on the shoulders of Hank Scott (1950s monster-movie stalwart Richard Denning) as the creatures rip a train from its track, snatch a helicopter from the sky and, in the film's most gripping sequence, battle each other in their subterranean lair. Watch out!
- The special effects for this film were executed by Willis O'Brien, who created the effects for 1933's "King Kong".
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 98 ratings.
This is probably one of the best 50's giant bug movies ever made!! Richard Denning stars with sexy Mara Corday as they battle hordes of giant scorpions from beneath the earth. I remember this movie as a child and still love it very very much today. If you buy this item, you will not be disappointed.