Alan Jackson Don't Rock The Jukebox
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 2, 2001
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: BMG Special Product
- 1.Don't Rock The Jukebox
- 2.Midnight In Montgomery
- 3.Love's Got A Hold On You
- 4.That's All I Need To Know
- 7.Just Playin' Possum
- 8.From A Distance
- 9.Walkin' The Floor Over Me
- 10.Working Class Hero
Personnel: Alan Jackson, George Jones (vocals); Brent Mason (acoustic & electric guitars); Bruce Watkins (acoustic guitar); Danny Groah (electric guitar); Paul Franklin, Robbie Flint (steel guitar); Rob Hajacos, Mark McClurg (fiddle); Hargus "Pig" Robbins, Dirk Johnson (piano); Roy Huskey Jr., Michael Rhodes, Roger Wills (bass); Bruce Rutherford (drums, background vocals); Eddie Bayers (drums).
Recorded at Recording Arts, 16th Avenue Sound, Sound Emporium, and Digital Recorders, Nashville, Tennessee.
Alan Jackson's first album, 1989's HERE IN THE REAL WORLD, presented the singer/songwriter in a sensitive-balladeer mold along the lines of Randy Travis. But by 1991, Garth Brooks's more extroverted brand of country was all the rage, and Jackson's second album, DON'T ROCK THE JUKEBOX, brought out his honky-tonk side. Besides the instant-classic title track, still a honky-tonk jukebox anthem, the album includes the Number One hit "Love's Got A Hold On You," the outstanding "Midnight In Montgomery" (a tongue-in-cheek ghost story about being haunted by Hank Williams), and "Just Playin' Possum," a torch-passing duet with George Jones. Jackson proves that he still has a way with a ballad on the lovely "That's All I Need To Know," but overall, DON'T ROCK THE JUKEBOX is new-traditionalist country with a harder honky-tonk edge.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 11,970
- UPC: 755174587023
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- Eddy Arnold Cattle Call [Country Stars] (CD) ~ $11.25 LABOR DAY
- Asylum Street Spankers What? And Give Up Showbiz? (2-CD) ~ $17.19 LABOR DAY
- Chet Atkins The Early Years 1946-1957 (5-CD Box Set) ~ $26.08
- Chet Atkins Pickin' My Way / Superpickers (CD) ~ $20.68
- Dierks Bentley Up on the Ridge (CD) ~ $11.65 LABOR DAY