Barry Manilow Swing Street
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Barry Manilow ~ 2:00 AM Paradise Cafe (Live) ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Barry Manilow ~ If I Should Love Again [Bonus Track] ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Barry Manilow ~ Night Songs ~ $14.22
- by Barry Manilow ~ Showstoppers ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Barry Manilow ~ Singin' With The Big Bands ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
Products with a similar style:
- Neil Diamond The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $6.66
- Neil Diamond Gold (2-CD) ~ $18.07
- Released: June 4, 2002
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: BMG Special Product
- 1.Swing Street
- 2.Big Fun
- 3.Stompin' At The Savoy
- 4.Black And Blue
- 5.Hey Mambo
- 7.Brooklyn Blues
- 9.Once When You Were Mine
- 10.One More Time
Personnel: Barry Manilow (vocals, piano); Eddie Arkin (vocals, keyboards); Dann Huff, Paul Jackson, Jr., Jon Pondel (guitar); Jerry Hey (trumpet, flugelhorn); Larry Hall, Gary Grant, Bill Reichenbach, Charlie Loper (horns); Randy Kerber, Ron Pedley, Artie Butler (piano); Greg Karukas (synthesizer programming); Marc Levine, Dave Stone (bass); Bud Harner, Vinnie Colaiuta (drums); Alan Estes, Bud Harner (percussion); Joe Galdo, Lawrence Dermer, John Joyce, Gary Falcone, Joe Pizullo (background vocals).
Full Swing: Lorraine Feather, Charlotte Crossley, Augie Johnson (background vocals).
Producers: Barry Manilow, Eddie Arkin, Emilio and The Jerks.
Engineers include: Harry Maslin, Michael Braunstein, Alan Sides.
Recorded at Image Recording, Los Angeles, California; The Hit Factory, New York, New York; Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida; Sigma Sound, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
All songs have been digitally remastered.
For the discerning Barry Manilow fan, this 20-bit mastered recording of his 1987 "techno-swing" album SWING STREET is a must-have. Manilow delivers a mixed collection consisting of both originals and some well-chosen standards that he has updated with modern production touches. In collaborating with both talented contemporary artists and masters of jazz, Manilow shows an appealing mix of the classic and the modern, as well as his heartfelt respect for the American pop music tradition.
Divided into two sections--dubbed 8:00 P.M. and Midnight--the record begins with two upbeat numbers penned by Manilow's arranger Eddie Arkin, before revving up Benny Goodman's exuberant "Stomping at the Savoy" (augmented with extra lyrics by Manilow.) The 8:00 segment ends with a couple of duets--with Phyllis Hyman on the Manilow original "Black & Blue," and with Kid Creole on the self-explanatory "Hey Mambo." Manilow turns in solid versions of the Gershwin standard "Summertime" (a duet with Diane Schuur featuring sax legend Stan Getz) and Hoagy Carmichael's "Stardust." He collaborates with another jazz legend, saxophonist Gerry Mulligan, on the closing number, "One More Time."
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 7 (CD)
$11.03 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 5 (CD)
$7.22 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 17,802
- UPC: 755174692222
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Pop Vocal: Classic Music Categories:
- Edie Adams There's So Much More (CD) ~ $9.36 LABOR DAY
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $8.27 LABOR DAY
- The Ames Brothers The Ames Brothers Sing the Best of the Bands (CD) ~ $11.70 LABOR DAY
- The Ames Brothers Hello Italy! / Knees Up! Mother Brown (And Other Funny Songs) (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- The Ames Brothers Together (2-CD) ~ $20.36 LABOR DAY