Willie Nelson Country Favorites Willie Nelson Style
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Willie Nelson ~ Country Music ~ $10.56
- by Willie Nelson ~ Country Music Concert Live / The Willie Way ~ $18.74
- by Willie Nelson ~ Teatro ~ $9.72
- by Willie Nelson ~ To All the Girls... ~ $6.02
Products with a similar style:
- Released: July 23, 2002
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: BMG Special Product
- 1.Columbus Stockade Blues
- 2.Seasons Of My Heart
- 3.I'd Trade All Of My Tomorrows (For Just One Yesterday)
- 4.My Window Faces The South
- 5.Go On Home
- 7.San Antonio Rose
- 8.I Love You Because
- 9.Don't You Ever Get Tired (Of Hurting Me)
- 10.Home In San Antone
- 11.Heartaches By The Number
- 12.Making Believe
Personnel: Willie Nelson (vocals); Leon Rhodes, Cal Smith (guitar); Buddy Charlton (steel guitar); Wade Ray (fiddle); Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); James Wilkerson (vibraphone, bass); Jack Drake (bass); Jack Greene (drums).
Producer: Chet Atkins.
Reissue producer: Rob Santos.
Recorded at RCA Victor Studios, Nashville, Tennessee on December 15 & 16, 1965. Originally released on RCA Victor (3528). Includes liner notes by Rich Kienzle and Wade Ray.
Digitally remastered by Elliott Federman (SAJE Sound, New York, New York).
Recorded over two relaxed sessions with Ernest Tubb's Texas Troubadours (originally uncredited due to contractual obligations), COUNTRY FAVORITES is a collection of honky-tonk and western swing staples documenting Willie Nelson, the singing star, just as he was finally ascending Nashville's ladder. Sure, by 1965 he'd already become a top tier Music City songwriter, but breaking in on the vocal circuit was that much rougher.
COUNTRY FAVORITES helped define Nelson as a unique vocalist and storied traditionalist, and the soulfully lonesome back-porch swing of Buddy Charlton's steel, "Pig" Robbins' piano and Wade Ray's fiddle only cemented this notion. Stalking Bob Wills' swinging string-boogie territory on the galloping "My Window Faces the South," the rollicking breakdown of "Home in San Antone" (with Leon Rhodes' lightning-style gee-tar fills), and the Texas Playboys' standard "San Antonio Rose," Nelson showed that he could lead a barn-dance as easily as he could produce the weepers he was already known for writing. His take on "I'd Trade All of My Tomorrows" showed that he could personalize other folks' sublime weepers as well.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 17,274
- UPC: 755174698828
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Music (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE