The Shirelles Swing the Most / Hear and Now
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
- by The Shirelles ~ Baby It's You / The Shirelles & King Curtis Give a Twist Party ~ $15.29
- by The Shirelles ~ Foolish Little Girl / Sing Their Hits from It's a Mad Mad Mad World ~ $18.53
- by The Beatles ~ Live at the BBC, Volume 2 (2-CD) ~ $22.38
- by The Shirelles ~ Lost & Found (2-CD) ~ $12.35
- by The Shirelles ~ Tonight's the Night / Sing to Trumpets and Strings ~ $26.39
- Released: October 6, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Ace Records Uk
- 1.What A Sweet Thing That Was
- 2.Oh No, Not My Baby
- 3.Get Rid of Him
- 4.His Lips Get In The Way
- 5.That Boy Is Messin' Up My Mind
- 6.Why Does Every Boy Remind Me of You
- 7.Foolish Little Girl
- 8.A Girl Is Not A Girl
- 9.Please Go Away
- 10.I Might Like It
- 11.What Does A Girl Do
- 12.Lonesome Native Girl
- 13.Tonight You'Re Gonna Fall In Love With Me
- 14.Maybe Tonight
- 15.Make The Night A Little Longer
- 17.Sha - La - La
- 18.Don'T Say Goodnight and Mean Goodbye
- 19.Lost Love
- 20.Only Time Will Tell
- 21.Hard Times
- 22.The Gospel Truth
- 23.Not For All The Money In The World
Swing The Most and Hear And Now were budget only in name, as the repertoire is of the same high quality as anything found on their official Scepter albums. In fact, many Shirelles fans consider these to be two of the very best albums of the girls' entire career.
Many of the tracks were unissued prior to their appearance on this album including their original versions of Oh Not Not My Baby (Maxine Brown), Get Rid Of Him (Dionne Warwick) , That Boy Is Messin' Up My Mind (The Orchids) and His Lips Get in The Way (Bernadette Castro).
The selections also include several Shirelles hits that never appeared on their Scepter albums, including What Does A Girl Do and Sha-La-La (covered in the UK by Manfred Mann).
Swing the Most and Hear And Now were originally issued in mono only, but we have done our best to locate all the stereo masters that still exist for these tracks and present them here wherever possible in full stereo.
This is another valuable addition to a series that will conclude in early 2010 with the pairing of The Shirelles Sing the Golden Oldies and their live album, Spontaneous Combustion.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.