Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 17, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: From Picoult to Screen - Meet Jodi Picoult, prolific author of 15 bestselling novels, and observe her creative process and learn more about the journey of My Sister's Keeper from page to screen
- Over 15 minutes of pwerful additional scenes
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Spanish
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Hollywood Reporter - 06/21/2009
"[Made with] intelligence and insight....It allows for nuances and takes time to focus this story of an illness on all the people it affects."
Movieline - 06/26/2009
"[T]he best performance comes from Diaz, who eclipses her previous heavy roles and pulls off the tricky determined mother persona without turning impassioned care into grating shrillness."
THE NOTEBOOK's Nick Cassavetes directs another tearjerking literary adaptation with this drama based on Jodi Picoult's novel. Cameron Diaz takes a detour from comedy to play Sara, the domineering mother of Kate (Sofia Vassilieva, MEDIUM), a young girl with cancer. Sara's other daughter, 11-year-old Anna (Abigail Breslin), was conceived just to serve as a donor for her sick sister. On the outskirts of the family are father Brian (Jason Patric), who feels unable to stand up to his wife's strength, and son Jesse (Evan Ellingson), who craves attention in the face of Kate's illness. But the complicated situation gets more difficult when Anna hires a lawyer (played by the always excellent Alec Baldwin), so that she can control her own body and say "no" to giving a kidney to her sister.
Cassavetes and Picoult both traffic in tears, so MY SISTER'S KEEPER is a perfect match between director and source writer. Even the most jaded viewers will find it hard to keep their eyes dry in the face of this emotional family tragedy, so audiences are warned to have tissues parked next to their popcorn. This drama's stellar cast also includes Thomas Dekker as Kate's cancer-stricken love and Joan Cusack as the judge who presides over Anna's case.
Based On A Novel |
Family Interaction |