Bruce Springsteen The Promise: The Making of Darkness on the Edge of Town (With XL T-shirt)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$4 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Also released as:
- by Bruce Springsteen ~ Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band - Blood Brothers ~ $11.99
- by Bruce Springsteen ~ Becoming The Boss 1949-1985 ~ $15.65
- by Bruce Springsteen ~ Under Review 1978-1982, Tales of the Working Man ~ $14.81
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Released: May 3, 2011
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Sony
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Songs From 'The Promise'
- Bruce Springsteen: A Conversation with his fans
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- PCM Stereo - Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Thom Zimny & Barry Rebo|
|Director of Photography:||William Rexer|
|Hosted by||Roy Bittan, Danny Federici, Clarence Clemons, Bruce Springsteen, Steven Van Zandt, Jimmy Iovine, Max Weinberg, Patti Smith, Patti Scialfa & Garry Tallent|
In 1975, the album BORN TO RUN transformed Bruce Springsteen from a barnstorming New Jersey rocker with an East Coast cult following to one of rock's most promising new stars. But the success of BORN TO RUN brought Springsteen trouble as well as fame; when money began rolling in, he discovered just how unfair his contract with his then-manager was, leading to a long and difficult legal battle to win back control of his career. And while Springsteen spun tales of street kids in love and in trouble on BORN TO RUN, for his next album he was eager too explore more mature themes in the lives of the working class community where he grew up. Recording the album became a long and painstaking process, as Springsteen wrote literally dozens of songs and spent months in the studio, tinkering with the tunes until the feel and the performances were exactly right. The album that resulted, 1977's DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN, was a critically lauded step forward for Springsteen that anticipated the themes and approach of much of his best work to follow. Documentary filmmaker Thom Zimny examines the genesis of this pivotal album in THE PROMISE: THE MAKING OF DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN, in which Springsteen, his band mates, his production team and several other observers discuss the long road that led to a masterpiece. The film was included as a bonus DVD in a Springsteen box set chronicling the DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN sessions; it also played a number of major film festivals, including the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival.
- 1.Promise: the Making of Darkness On the Edge of Town
- 2.Racing In the Street ('78)
- 3.Gotta Get That Feeling
- 4.Ain't Good Enough For You
- 5.The Promise
- 6.Blue Christmas
- 7.Conversation With His Fans
Behind The Scenes | Documentary | Music (General) | Musicians | Rock Music
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Ed.) (DVD)
$1.58 on SALE
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack)
$1.58 on SALE
Sea Hunt - 24 Hour Television Marathon Collection (8-DVD)
$5.58 on SALE