Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours
- Released: November 3, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Topics Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
World-traveler Richard Bangs tours a variety of cultural and historical landmarks throughout India.
Travel to the far reaches of India for lush landscapes and amazing encounters with wildlife in high definition. Tour the northeastern state of Assam, from Manas National Park to the villages near Guwahati, sail the great Brahmaputra River, and visit Majuli Island and Kaziranga National Park. Along the way, search for the India's rare one-horned rhinoceros, which nearly vanished from existence just 100 years ago. How did it survive and why does it flourish here? Join explorer Richard Bangs as he delves into Assam's rich culture of conservation and examines what the rhino's story can teach us in India. Richard Bangs has spent more than 30 years as an explorer, and is a pioneer in travel that makes a difference. In fact, Expedia.com founder Rich Barton called him Indiana Jones with a conscience. Bangs is the host and co-executive producer of the popular public television series Adventures with Purpose.
Run Time: Approximately 60 minutes
* As seen on public television
* Filmed in high definition
* Featuring amazing footage of wildlife like rhinos, elephants and more
* Learn how travel can make a difference in the world
* Host Richard Bangs, known as the father of modern adventure travel, also is the author of the Adventures with Purpose books
Television / TV Series