Tom Lehrer Songs And More Songs By Tom Lehrer
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Tom Lehrer ~ An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer ~ $13.57
- by Allan Sherman ~ My Son, the Greatest: The Best of Allan Sherman [CD] ~ $12.58
- by Tom Lehrer ~ That Was the Year That Was (Live) ~ $10.78
Products with a similar style:
- Monty Python Monty Python Live! At City Center (CD) ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: May 6, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Rhino
- 1.Fight Fiercely, Harvard
- 2.The Old Dope Peddler
- 3.Be Prepared
- 4.The Wild West Is Where I Want To Be
- 5.I Wanna Go Back To Dixie
- 7.The Irish Ballad
- 8.The Hunting Song
- 9.My Home Town
- 10.When You Are Old and Gray
- 11.I Hold Your Hand In Mine
- 12.The Wiener Schnitzel Waltz
- 13.Poisoning Pigeons In The Park
- 14.Bright College Days
- 15.A Christmas Carol
- 16.The Elements
- 17.Oedipus Rex
- 18.In Old Mexico
- 20.It Makes A Fellow Proud To Be A Soldier
- 21.She's My Girl
- 22.The Masochism Tango
- 23.We Will All Go Together When We Go
- 24.Poisoning Pigeons In The Park
- 25.The Masochism Tango
- 26.The Hunting Song
- 27.We Will All Go Together When We Go
- 28.I Got It From Agnes
SONGS & MORE SONGS BY TOM LEHRER contains the two albums SONGS BY TOM LEHRER and MORE OF TOM LEHRER on one CD. Originally released in 1953 and 1959.
Includes liner notes by Dr. Demento.
Personnel: Tom Lehrer (piano).
Audio Remasterers: Daniel Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Author: Dr. Demento.
Recording information: 01/22/1953-10/08/1996.
Tom Lehrer recorded rather sporadically starting in the 1950s then abruptly retired in the mid-'60s from his unique solo musical comedy act. He's a competent pianist with a voice that is perfect for his original material. This compilation combines both of his records that were originally pressed and sold privately on the Lehrer label, which he later re-recorded with improved sound for Reprise as Songs by Tom Lehrer and the live concert An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer. While the differences between this CD and the Reprise versions are minimal, other than a little more muffled piano sound on these earlier recordings, it's fun to hear hilarious works like "The Irish Ballad," the creative "Oedipus Rex," and his satire of military life in "It Makes a Fellow Proud to Be a Soldier." Several favorites, including "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park" and "The Masochism Tango" are heard in orchestrated versions as well as by Lehrer alone. And Lehrer finally got around to recording "I Got It from Agnes," which implies how venereal disease is spread (in an amusing fashion, if that's possible) without ever coming out and saying it directly. This CD is a must for Lehrer fanatics. ~ Ken Dryden
Eskimos, Mean Old Queens and Little Bitty Steers (CD)
$21.75 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 55 ratings.
Based on 55 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!