Ramones Ramones [Expanded]
|You Save:||$0.91 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 19, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Rhino
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.106Ranked #33 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "...An intense blast of guitar power, rhythmic simplicity and ferocious brevity..."
Spin - 5/01, p.108Ranked #1 in Spin's "50 Most Essential Punk Records" - "...The apotheosis of punk....Blitzkrieg pop stripped down to its 1-2-3-4..."
SpinIncluded in Spin's list of Top Ten College Cult Classics "everything good that's happened to music in the last fourteen years can be directly traced to The Ramones".
Q - 5/02 SE, p.140Included in Q's "100 Best Punk Albums".
Q - 8/01, pp.156-74 stars out of 5 - "...Amongst their best work....the tunes have lasted...creating a similar effect to an early Beatles album: pleasure heading directly to the brain..."
Uncut - 8/01, p.945 stars out of 5 - "...Easily one of the 10 best first-footings in rock'n'roll history....Even today it still pricks senses....As an exemplary definition of rock'n'roll RAMONES is infallible..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 3/03, p.76Ranked #4 in Mojo's "Top 50 Punk Albums" - "...The coolest, dumbest, simplest, greatest rock'n'roll record ever to be cut by four sweet, dysfunctional screw-ups..."
NME (Magazine) - 6/23/01, p.4110 out of 10 - "...The most toweringly aggressive, misleadingly primitive, perfectly phrased musical statement ever made....The demos and alternate versions included demonstrate how finely honed every gangly gesture was from the very beginning..."
- 1.Blitzkrieg Bop
- 2.Beat On The Brat
- 3.Judy Is A Punk
- 4.I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
- 5.Chain Saw
- 6.Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue
- 7.I Don't Wanna Go Down To The Basement
- 9.Havana Affair
- 10.Listen To My Heart
- 11.53rd And 3rd
- 12.Let's Dance
- 13.I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You
- 14.Today Your Love Tomorrow The World
- 15.I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend (demo - released on a Norton 45 in 1997)
- 16.Judy Is A Punk (demo - released on a Norton 45 in 1997)
- 17.I Don't Care
- 18.I Can't Be
- 19.Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue
- 20.I Don't Wanna Be Learned / I Don't Wanna Be Tamed
- 21.You Should Never Have Opened That Door
- 22.Blitzkrieg Bop
The Ramones: Joey Ramone (vocals); Johnny Ramone (guitar); Dee Dee Ramone (bass); Tommy Ramone (drums).
Producers: Craig Leon, T. Erdelyi, Marty Thau.
Reissue producers: Gary Stewart, Bill Inglot.
Engineers: Rob Freeman, Jack Malken, Don Hunerburg.
Recorded at Plaza Sound, Radio City Music Hall, New York, New York and 914 Studios, Blauvelt, New York. Includes liner notes by Donna Gaines and Arturo Vega.
Digitally remastered by Dan Hersch and Bill Inglot (Digiprep).
Personnel: Joey Ramone (vocals); Johnny Ramone (guitar); Dee Dee Ramone (bass guitar); Tommy Ramone (drums).
Audio Remasterers: Dan Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Recording information: 914 Sound Studios, Blauvelt, NY; Plaza Sound, Radio City Music Hall, NY.
Photographers: Arturo Vega; Robert Matheu.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Roberta Bayley; Arturo Vega.
The Ramones' self-titled debut is a justifiably adored album--not just one of the best albums to come out of the initial New York punk explosion of the mid-'70s, but one of the greatest rock and roll albums of all time. RAMONES is one of those rare records where there is not a single weak or out-of-place song. Changeups like the bubblegummy near-ballad "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" and the uncharacteristically harsh "53rd and 3rd" (an unsentimental song about Dee Dee Ramone's days as a teenage hustler) vary the album's sound and mood more than its detractors (and even some of its fans) maintain.
The 2001 reissue adds eight bonus tracks. Most are culled from early demos, including two songs, "I Can't Be" and "I Don't Wanna Be Learned/I Don't Wanna Be Tamed," that were never officially recorded, and two others, "You Should Never Have Opened That Door" and "I Don't Care," which eventually appeared on their second and third albums respectively. None of the demos are particularly different from the final recordings, but, interestingly, they tend to be a little slower and poppier-sounding. The cleaner-sounding, more trebly single mix of "Blitzkrieg Bop" closes the package.
The Ramones - Punk Rock Blitzkrieg: My Life as a Ramone (Book)
$8.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 149 ratings.
Based on 149 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Burl Ives The Best of Little Bitty Tear (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Freddy Fender Before The Next Teardrop Falls (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE