Bonnie Raitt Takin' My Time
16 copies available
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Linda Ronstadt / Emmylou Harris Western Wall: The Tucson Sessions (CD) ~ $24.65
- Released: March 5, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Rhino
- 1.You've Been In Love Too Long
- 2.I Gave My Love A Candle
- 3.Let Me In
- 4.Everybody's Cryin' Mercy
- 5.Cry Like A Rainstorm
- 6.Wah She Go Do
- 7.I Feel The Same
- 8.I Thought I Was A Child
- 9.Write Me A Few Of Your Lines / Kokomo Blues
Personnel: Bonnie Raitt (vocals, acoustic guitar); John Hall (electric guitar, Mellotron); Paul Barr‚re (electric guitar); Lowell George (slide guitar); Ernie Watts (trumpet); Oscar Brashear (flugelhorn); George Bohanon (trombone); Freebo (tuba, fretless bass); Bill Payne (piano); Taj Mahal (acoustic bass guitar); Earl Palmer , Jim Keltner (drums); Sam Clayton (congas); Milt Holland (claves, shaker, timbales); Van Dyke Parks (background vocals).
TAKIN' MY TIME falls between Bonnie Raitt's superb second album GIVE IT UP and the more commercially minded yet less artistically successful STREETLIGHTS. Fortunately, TAKIN' MY TIME has more in common with its predecessor; it contains the same stylistic mixed bag as GIVE IT UP (with the bumps between blues, folk, R&B, and early-'70s soft rock smoothed over beautifully), and the same intensity and focus in performance. Unlike GIVE IT UP, TAKIN' MY TIME contains no originals, but given the consistently high quality of Raitt's selection and treatment of covers, it hardly matters. (Raitt has an uncanny knack for making covers her own).
Raitt looks directly to her influences on a version of the Martha and the Vandellas' R&B classic "You've Been In Love Too Long," which kicks off the album, then looks further back with an acoustic rendition of Mississippi Fred McDowell's "Write Me A Few of Your Lines/Kokomo Blues," proving her grasp of the genre. But the record's highlights encompass more contemporary fare, such as Jackson's Browne's "I Thought I Was A Child," Mose Allison's "Everybody's Cryin' Mercy," and Randy Newman's "Guilty," with a light calypso "Wah She Go Do" balancing out these more plaintive compositions. A stellar cast of musicians, including members of Little Feat, Taj Mahal, and Ernie Watts (who played saxophone for the Rolling Stones) puts TAKIN' MY TIME just behind GIVE IT UP as Raitt's best album.
Saturday Night Live - Lost & Found: SNL in the 80s (DVD)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Rock & Pop: Singer / Songwriter Music Categories:
- Kris Allen Horizons (CD) ~ $10.78
- Tori Amos American Doll Posse (CD) ~ $7.19
- Eric Andersen Blue Rain (Live) (CD) ~ $16.18
- Eric Andersen Blue River / Stages: Lost Album (2-CD) ~ $18.89
Joan Armatrading Greatest Hits (CD) ~
$8.84 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE