Buck Owens The Very Best of Buck Owens, Volume 1
|You Save:||$0.41 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 25, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Rhino
- 1.Under Your Spell Again
- 2.Excuse Me (I Think I've Got A Heartache)
- 3.Act Naturally
- 4.Together Again
- 5.I Don't Care (Just As Long As You Love Me)
- 6.I've Got A Tiger By The Tail
- 7.Only You (Can Break My Heart)
- 8.Waitin' In Your Welfare Line
- 9.Open Up Your Heart
- 10.Sam's Place
- 11.Who's Gonna Mow Your Grass
- 12.The Kansas City Song
- 13.It Takes People Like You (To Make People Like Me)
- 14.Sweet Rosie Jones
- 15.Tall Dark Stranger
- 16.Rollin' In My Sweet Baby's Arms
Personnel includes: Buck Owens (vocals, guitar); Jelly Sanders (guitar); Ralph Mooney, Buddy Emmons (steel guitar); Don Rich (fiddle); George French, Jr., Earl Poole Ball, Jr. (piano); Pee Wee Adams, Willie Cantu (drums); Anita Kerr, The Jordanaires (background vocals).
Producer: Ken Nelson.
Compilation producer: Frank Milligan.
Recorded between 1959 & 1971. Includes liner notes by Rich Kienzle.
Personnel: Buck Owens (vocals, guitar); Don Rich (guitar, gut-string guitar, fiddle); Jelly Sanders (guitar, fiddle); Wayne Wilson, Doyle Holly, Rollie Weber, James Burton, Red Simpson (guitar); Ralph Mooney, Tom Brumley, Buddy Emmons (steel guitar); Ron Jackson (banjo); Billy Sampson (harmonica); Earl Poole Ball (piano, electric harpsichord); George French, Jim Shaw (piano); Marion Z. "Pee Wee" Adams, Ken Presley, Jerry Wiggins, Mel Taylor, Willie Cantu (drums); Anita Kerr, The Blossoms, The Jordanaires (background vocals).
Audio Remasterers: Ken Perry; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Author: Rich Kienzle.
Recording information: Buck Owens' Studio, Bakersfield, CA (06/16/1959-04/05/1971); Capitol Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA (06/16/1959-04/05/1971).
Arranger: Buck Owens.
Although Gram Parsons gets all the credit, no country musician did more to marry rock & roll and country than Buck Owens. Owens and his long-time guitarist, Don Rich, trimmed the fat off Nashville's overwrought production, turned up the guitars, and let the drummer loose. The results were an enormously popular brew of West Coast hardcore honky-tonk and a dizzying array of #1 singles in the 1960s. This recipe established Bakersfield as the nation's first legitimately commercial country music hub outside Nashville. The Beatles also introduced a generation of teeny-boppers to country music when they covered his classic "Act Naturally" on their album HELP!.
That song is represented here as well as "Under Your Spell Again," "Together Again," and "I've Got A Tiger By the Tail," making this an essential starting point for those with either a casual interest or a bigger appetite. Owen's playful goofiness is on full display on tracks like "Sam's Place" and "Waitin' in Your Welfare Line."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
A Tombstone Every Mile [Bear Family] (7-CD Box Set)
$150.65 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Merle Haggard My Favorite Memory / Big City (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- George Jones / Tammy Wynette Golden Ring / Near You (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE