The Knack Very Best of The Knack
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Devo ~ Greatest Hits ~ $7.18
- by The Knack ~ Havin' a Rave-Up! Live in Los Angeles, 1978 ~ $14.38
- by The Knack ~ Normal as the Next Guy ~ $3.98 (Save 50%)
- by Tommy Tutone ~ Tommy Tutone / Tommy Tutone-2 - A Golden Classics Edition ~ $9.33
- by The Romantics ~ What I Like About You ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: May 19, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Rhino
- 1.My Sharona
- 2.That's What The Little Girls Do
- 3.Your Number Or Your Name
- 4.Good Girls Don't
- 5.Baby Talks Dirty
- 6.Can't Put A Price On Love
- 7.The Hard Way
- 8.How Can Love Hurt So Much
- 9.Just Wait And See
- 10.Another Lousy Day In Paradise
- 11.Pay The Devil (Ooo, Baby, Ooo)
- 12.Rocket O' Love
- 13.That Thing You Do
- 14.Teacher Teacher
- 15.I Knew The Bride (When She Used To Rock & Roll)
- 16.Girls Talk
The Knack: Doug Fieger (vocals, guitar); Burton Averre (guitar); Prescott Niles (bass); Bruce Gary (drums).
Additional personnel includes: Terry Bozzio (drums).
The defiance inherent in this collection's title suggests that, after all these years, The Knack still have to prove themselves. Branded as Beatle rip-offs, sexist beasts, and one-hit wonders, it's a wonder the band had the will to plug its guitars in let alone continue releasing albums. As the title suggests, PROOF is a telling document. Normally, when taken out of context, nearly every overnight sensation sounds like a quaint time capsule reminder of an era gone by. Not so with The Knack. The band's brand of power pop has aged not a whit. An intoxicating mixture adolescent rush and sexual frustration, this collection of biting three chord rave-ups still fairly leap into your lap.
Taken in one large gulp, it's a staggering roll call of one-two punches: "My Sharona," "Good Girls Don't," "Your Number or Your Name," and "The Hard Way" all bubble and kick without apology. The band's later and lesser-known material often holds up to the same standard. Certainly, "Pay the Devil" and "Rocket o' Love" are not the work of washed up pretenders. PROOF merely recasts what the band initially accomplished: making jump-out-of-your-seat power pop. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sounds of The 70s (Limited Distribution) (2-CD Box Set)
$10.62 Super Savings
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE