Emmylou Harris Quarter Moon In A Ten Cent Town (Expanded & Remastered)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$12.44 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.55 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Emmylou Harris ~ Angel Band ~ $11.32
- by Emmylou Harris ~ Blue Kentucky Girl (Expanded & Remastered) ~ $12.58
- by Emmylou Harris ~ Pieces of the Sky ~ $4.41
- by Emmylou Harris ~ Roses In The Snow (Expanded & Remastered) ~ $12.58
Products with a similar style:
- Released: February 24, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Rhino
Entertainment Weekly - 2/27/04, p.99"[Transcends] distinctions between traditional and pop country music..." - Rating: B+
Uncut - 4/04, p.1124 stars out of 5 - "[A]rguably the closest assimilation of Gram's country/soul idyll..."
- 1.Easy From Now On
- 2.Two More Bottles Of Wine
- 3.To Daddy
- 4.My Songbird
- 5.Leaving Louisiana In The Broad Daylight
- 6.Defying Gravity
- 7.I Ain't Living Long Like This
- 8.One Paper Kid
- 9.Green Rolling Hills
- 10.Burn That Candle
- 11.New Cut Road
- 12.Lacassine Special
Includes two previously unreleased bonus tracks.
Emmylou Harris & The Hot Band: Emmylou Harris (vocals, acoustic guitar); Rodney Crowell (acoustic guitar); Albert Lee (electric guitar); Hank DeVito (pedal steel guitar); Glen D. Hardin (piano); Emory Gordy (bass); John Ware (drums).
Additional personnel: Willie Nelson (vocals); Brian Ahern, James Burton (guitar); Mickey Raphael (harmonica); Ricky Skaggs (fiddle, viola); Rick Danko (fiddle); Garth Hudson (baritone saxophone, accordion); Fayssoux Starling, Nicolette Larson, Diane Brooks (background vocals).
Recorded at the Enactron Truck, Beverly Hills, California. Originally released on Warner Bros. (3141).
Personnel: Emmylou Harris (acoustic guitar); Albert Lee (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, mandolin, piano); Rodney Crowell (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Brian Ahern (acoustic guitar, 12-string guitar, gut-string guitar, percussion); James Burton, Frank Reckard (electric guitar); Steve Fishell (steel guitar); Ricky Skaggs (fiddle, viola); Rick Danko (fiddle, background vocals); Wayne Goodwin (fiddle); Mickey Raphael (harmonica); Garth Hudson (accordion, baritone saxophone); Barry Tashian (accordion, background vocals); Glen D. Hardin (piano, electric piano); John Ware (drums, percussion); Dianne Brooks, Nicolette Larson (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Doug Beal; Brian Ahern.
Recording information: Enactron Truck, Beverly Hills, CA (1978).
Photographers: Ed Thrasher; Alan Messer.
Arranger: Brian Ahern.
All of Emmylou Harris' albums from the '70s and early '80s are flawless gems. But if there is one that rises above the others, then QUARTER MOON IN A TEN CENT TOWN is that album. From song selection to performance and production, MOON is the perfect distillation of Harris' remarkable work during this period. A wonderful duet with Willie Nelson ("One Paper Kid") and guest appearances from Rick Danko, Garth Hudson, and harmonica wizard Mickey Raphael are what puts this album over the top.
At the time of MOON's release, Harris sat atop the country world. She was the genre's most widely respected artist and one of its most popular personalities. Not surprisingly, MOON yielded three hits: Delbert McClinton's rocking "Two More Bottles of Wine," Carlene Carter's "Easy from Now On," and "To Daddy," Dolly Parton's chilling evocation of a loveless marriage. Other standout tracks include "Defying Gravity," "Green Rolling Hills," and the Cajun-inflected "Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight." But every track on this 1978 classic is a hands-down winner.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE