Chicago Chicago V (Expanded & Remastered)
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$1.30 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 20, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Rhino
Description by OLDIES.com:
Chicago V (Expanded & Remastered), the band's first single-LP album, includes the crossover hit "Saturday In The Park" (Pop #3, A/C #8, RIAA gold) and nine more original tracks, plus bonus tracks "A Song For Richard And His Friends (Studio Version, without Vocals)" and "Dialogue (Part I & II) (Single Version)."
- 1.A Hit By Varese
- 2.All Is Well
- 3.Now That You've Gone
- 4.Dialogue (Part One)
- 5.Dialogue (Part Two)
- 6.While The City Sleeps
- 7.Saturday In The Park
- 8.State Of The Union
- 10.Alma Mater
- 11.A Song For Richard And His Friends (Studio Version, without Vocals) (bonus track)
- 12.Mississippi Delta City Blues (First Recorded Version, with Scratch Vocal) (bonus track)
- 13.Dialogue (Part I & II) (Single Version) (bonus track)
Chicago: Terry Kath (vocals, guitar); Robert Lamm (vocals, keyboards); Lee Loughnane (vocals, trumpet, percussion); Peter Cetera (vocals, bass); James Pankow (trombone, percussion); Walter Parazaider (woodwinds, percussion); Danny Seraphine (drums, congas, bells).
Recorded at Columbia Recording Studios, New York, New York in September 1971. Includes liner notes by Don Heckman.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Terry Kath (vocals, guitar); Lee Loughnane (vocals, trumpet, percussion); Robert Lamm (vocals, keyboards); Peter Cetera (vocals); Walter Parazaider (woodwinds, percussion); James Pankow (trombone, percussion); Daniel Seraphine (drums, congas, bells).
Audio Mixers: Dave Donnelly ; Jeff Magid.
Audio Remasterer: Dave Donnelly .
Liner Note Author: Don Heckman.
Recording information: Columbia Recording Studios, New York, NY (09/20/1971-05/10/1972).
Photographer: Hugh Brown .
Unknown Contributor Role: Nick Fasciano.
CHICAGO V (from 1972) was in some ways the end of the "old" Chicago, pointing the way towards a smoother, mellower style they'd adopt in the years to come. V still has jazz and progressive elements ("A Hit By VarŠse," "Dialogues"), political commentary ("State of the Union"), and melodious, sunny, horn-laden pop (the huge hit "Saturday In The Park"). The playing was still tight and clean, and the vocals still earnest and heartfelt, but a lighter mood began to replace the urgency of the band's late-'60s recordings.
ChicagoChicago Transit Authority (Remastered & Repackaged)
$7.79 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 40 ratings.
Based on 40 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Campfire Songs: The Popular, Obscure & Unknown Recordings... (CD)
$19.47 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE