Lon Chaney Collection (The Ace of Hearts / Laugh, Clown, Laugh / The Unknown) (2-DVD)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$35.61 Limited Time Only|
- London After Midnight, Rick Schmidlin's skillful photo reconstruction of the lost 1927 film.
- Audio Commentaries by Chaney Biographyer Michael F. Blake
- Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host Robert Osborne
- Subtitles in French and English
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 5 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 28, 2003
- Originally Released: 1921
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Wallace Worsley, Herbert Brenon & Tod Browning|
"[A] well-stacked deck..."
"[T]his set proves that few actors have spoken so eloquently through the medium of film as Lon Chaney."
Description by OLDIES.com:
This 2-disc Chaney celebration includes three of his major works. The Ace of Hearts (1921, a tale of murderous intrigue), Laugh, Clown, Laugh (1928, Chaney is a love-smitten circus clown) and The Unknown (1927, Chaney is an armless knife thrower) are in their most complete surviving versions. Narrated by Kenneth Branagh, Turner Classic Movies' compelling documentary Lon Chaney: A Thousand Faces explores Chaney's diverse career and very private personal life. They are a few of this genius's thousand faces - faces that continue to amaze and entertain.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.