Switching Channels (Widescreen)
Sony Screen Classics by Request (series)
There's a lot more going around here than news, weather, and sports.
|You Save:||$9.01 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 3, 2011
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Sony Pictures Home
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kathleen Turner, Burt Reynolds, Christopher Reeve, Henry Gibson & Ned Beatty|
|Performer:||Charles Kimbrough, Henry Gibson, Christopher Reeve, Ned Beatty & Burt Reynolds|
|Directed by||Ted Kotcheff|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Front Page gets a 1980's update from the print newsroom to broadcast television, complete with era-appropriate heartthrobs Burt Reynolds, Christopher Reeve, and Kathleen Turner. The world of broadcast anchor and journalist Christy Colleran (Turner) is a hectic and often humiliating place, especially under the thumb of ex-husband and producer John "Sully" Sullivan (Reynolds). So when she takes a much needed vacation and meets handsome, wealthy, and self-assured Blaine Bingham, she's determined to leave the rat race and become his wife. But Sully won't let her go so easily, and connives to get her involved in one last big story. Newly remastered.
A TV anchorwoman finds herself caught between a handsome tycoon and her lunatic ex-boss/ex-husband, and the biggest scoop of her career. With only a few hours before she says "I do," the ex-husband, still in love with her, leaps into action to cancel the tycoon and scoop her back. A remake of "His Girl Friday."
The newspaper office shenanigans of "The Front Page" and "His Girl Friday" updated and reset in the world of TV news. Anchorwoman Christy Colleran decides to quit the Chicago network where she is employed and run off with her new millionaire boyfriend. But her tough-as-nails boss John L. Sullivan just happens to be her ex-husband and he's wants her back. Scheming to keep Christy on the job, Sullivan assigns her to a story about the upcoming execution of an innocent man. Christy's romance takes a backseat as she and Sullivan join forces to prevent a miscarriage of justice.
- Color by Medallion.
- Additional cast members: George Newbern (Siegenthaler); Ted Simonett (Tillinger); Anthony Sherwood (Carvalho)
- Latest remake of the Ben Hecht/Charles MacArthur play "The Front Page," updated to a network newsroom.
- The play was first filmed in 1931, directed by Lewis Milestone and produced by Howard Hughes, starring Pat O'Brien, Adolphe Menjou and Mae Clarke.
- Remade in 1940, entitled "His Girl Friday," by Howard Hawks, who changed "Hildy's" gender and sped up the pace of the dialogue (written by Charles Lederer and starring Rosalind Russell, Cary Grant and Ralph Bellamy).
- The third incarnation of the film was Billy Wilder's version in 1974 starring Jack Lemmon as Hildy Parks and Walter Matthau as Walter Burns.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 18,671
- UPC: 043396380745
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Masquers Club: The Pre-Code Comedies Collection (DVD-R) TOP 10 Bestseller
Rare Shorts from the Golden Age of Hollywood (DVD-R) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and... (DVD)
$1.98 on SALE