Richard Pryor Anthology (1968-1992) (2-CD)
20 copies available
|You Save:||$2.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: January 15, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Rhino
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Super Nigger
- 2.Prison Play
- 3.Nigger With A Seizure
- 4.Have Your Ass Home By 11:00
- 5.Black And White Lifestyles
- 7.Niggers Versus The Police
- 8.Wino Dealing With Dracula
- 9.Wino & Junkie
- 10.Mudbone (Intro)
- 11.Mudbone (Little Feets)
- 12.When Your Woman Leaves You
- 15.Bicentennial Prayer
- 16.Bicentennial Nigger
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.New Year's Eve
- 3.Heart Attacks
- 5.Being Sensitive
- 9.I Like Women
Solo performer: Richard Pryor (spoken vocals).
Producers include: Robert Marchese, Richard Pryor, David Banks, Biff Dawes.
Compilation producers: Reggie Collins, Steve Pokorny.
Recorded between 1968 and 1992. Includes liner notes by Reggie Collins, Steve Pokorny, Walter Mosley.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Rhino's 2002 release The Anthology: 1968-1992 is essentially the highlights from their seminal 2000 box set, And It's Deep Too!, which contained the complete recordings (more or less) of Richard Pryor, the greatest comedian of his time and one of the great cultural forces of the 20th century. Since this is a clear case of recycling, it could be argued by some curmudgeons that there simply isn't a point behind this release, since it was all reissued. They're wrong, of course, since this not only does an excellent job of rounding up much of the greatest and best-known of his classic albums, but it provides a succinct, welcoming introduction to a large body of work -- something that simply couldn't be said about the lavish box set, no matter how great it is. Here, on the course of two discs (whose selections lean heavily on the breakthrough That Nigger's Crazy and Wanted/Richard Pryor Live in Concert), neophytes get a needed crash course in Pryor, not only through the great material, but with a terrific essay from Walter Mosley (originally published in the box), plus a nice introduction from Reggie Collins and Steve Pokorny that gently (and deservedly) plugs the larger set. If you have that set, you don't need this, but if you're curious, start here and don't be surprised if you invest in And It's Deep Too! not long afterward. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Richard Pryor - Stand Up (Here and Now / Live on Sunset...
$8.69 Super Savings
Blazing Saddles (30th Anniversary Special Ed.) (WS) (DVD)(422)
$5.09 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE