Bob Newhart Something Like This... The Bob Newhart Anthology (2-CD)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$18.62 Limited Time Only|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 20, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Rhino
Q - 6/01, p.1324 stars out of 5 - "...This excellent 140-minute anthology includes his classic routines 'The Driving Instructor' and 'Bus Drivers School'...along with less famous selections..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Abe Lincoln Vs. Madison Avenue
- 2.The Cruise Of The U.S.S. Codfish
- 3.Merchandising The Wright Brothers
- 4.Driving Instructor (Pilot Script For A New TV Series)
- 5.The Grace L. Ferguson Airline (And Storm Door Co.)
- 6.Bus Drivers School
- 7.Retirement Party
- 8.Ledge Psychology
- 9.Rocket Scientist
- 10.The Uncle Freddie Show
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Introducing Tobacco To Civilization
- 2.The Siamese Cat
- 3.Defusing A Bomb
- 4.A Friend With A Dog
- 5.The Expectant Father
- 6.On Poodles And Planes
- 7.The Man Who Looked Like Hitler
- 8.King Kong
- 9.Returning A Gift
- 10.Buying A House
- 11.Ben Franklin In Analysis
- 12.Daddy Of All Hangovers
- 13.On Trains And Planes
- 14.Modern Witch Doctor
Producers include: Jimmy Hilliard.
Compilation producer: Bill Inglot.
Engineers include: Lee Herschberg.
Recorded between 1960 & 1967.
Includes liner notes by Bill Inglot and Judy Brown.
Audio Remasterers: Daniel Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Author: Judy Brown.
Recording information: Freddie's Club, MN; San Fernando State College, Northridge, CA; The Broadmoor International Center, Colorado Springs, C; The Crystal Room of the Desert Inn, Las Vegas, NV; The hungry i, San Francisco, CA; The Ice House, Pasadena, CA; The Tidelands club, Houston, TX; UCLA; University of California, Los Angeles, CA.
Editor: Wally Kamin.
Unique among even the most cutting-edge standup comics of the '60s, Bob Newhart entertained his audiences not with snappy patter and jokes, but with long monologues in which his voice represented one side of a conversation, the other side left to the listener's imagination. This idiosyncratic format proved endlessly adaptable, as Newhart spun seemingly endless scenarios from it. Before he became a beloved TV star with the Bob Newhart Show, he released several popular comedy albums, from which the best moments have been culled for inclusion on this definitive two-disc compilation. Whether he's advising Abraham Lincoln, confronting King Kong, or getting blitzed at a retirement party (among other comedic situations to be found here), Newhart employs his patented mild-mannered, "button-down" personality to subtle but sharp comic effect.
Lily TomlinThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.84 LABOR DAY
Allan ShermanMy Son, the Greatest: The Best of Allan Sherman [CD]
The Librarian: Return to King Solomon's Mines (WS) (DVD)
$7.85 on SALE
The Carol Burnett Show - The Lost Episodes (6-DVD)
$33.74 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 41 ratings.
Based on 41 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE