Fiend Without a Face (Criterion Collection)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$31.66 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.29 (21% Off)|
- Widescreen Version
- Audio Commentary: A Conversation with Executive Producer Richard Gordon and genre film writer Tom Weaver
- Illustrated Essay on British Sci-Fi/Horror Filmmaking by Film Historian Bruce Eder
- A Collection of Trailers from Gordon Films: Fiend without a Face, The Haunted Strangler, Corridors of Blood, First Man into Space, and The Atomic Submarine
- Subtitles in English
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 14 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 30, 2001
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Criterion
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.66
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.66
- Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Richard Gordon - Executive Producer, Tom Weaver - Genre Film Writer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Essay: Bruce Eder - Film Historian
- Liner Notes: Bruce Kawin
- Stills/Photos: Production Stills
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Michael Balfour & Kim Parker|
|Directed by||Arthur Crabtree|
Description by OLDIES.com:
- Based on a story by Amelia Reynolds Long.
- Additional crew: Lionel Banes (DOP), R.Q. McNaughton (editor) and Buxton Orr (score composer).
- An Amalgamated Production. Made in the UK.
- Released with the film THE HAUNTED STRANGLER, for play on a double bill.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 57 ratings.
Saw this movie when I was a kid and spent most of the picture hiding under my seat. B-U-T ! Went back the next day to see it again. Great 50's Sci-Fi classic, but why the high price??? I would love to have this one in my collection, but at $36 bucks ? Nah!
Flushed by its success (and obscene profits) after restoring cult classic "The Blob", Criterion figured that it was onto something really big; namely, sci-fi freaks willing to pay inordinate sums of money for B movies. So, they rummaged through all the available (read: cheap)exposed celluloid that was in the vault, et voila! They unveil a 'restored' "Fiend Without A Face"! Now, I like the movie, believe me. Heck, I bought it. But how does one justify the hefty price tag when you compare this film with the likes of "M", "Alphaville", "Night and Fog", "Brazil",
"Seven Samurai", "Most Dangerous Game", or "Beauty and the Beast"? Kind of odd, don't you think? If you must have this film for your collection, fine. Otherwise, there are hundreds of other DVD's offered by oldies.com that are worth your investment.
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- They Made Me a Criminal / Lady Gangster (DVD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- 3 Pack Action: The Delta Force / Delta Force 2 / Code of Silence (DVD) ~ $2.38 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.