by Various Artists
|You Save:||$0.70 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: June 29, 1999
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MCA Special Products
- 1.Al JarreauMoonlighting (Theme)
- 2.Chubby CheckerLimbo Rock
- 3.The Isley BrothersThis Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You)
- 4.Cybill ShepherdBlue Moon
- 5.Cybill ShepherdI Told Ya I Love Ya, Now Get Out!
- 6.Bruce WillisGood Lovin'
- 7.Bob James, David Sanborn & Al JarreauSince I Fell For You
- 8.Percy SledgeWhen A Man Loves A Woman
- 9.Linda Ronstadt & The Nelson Riddle OrchestraSomeone To Watch Over Me
- 10.Billie HolidayStormy Weather
Producers include: Nile Rodgers, Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier, Alf Clausen, Tommy LiPuma.
Looking back through rose-tinted glasses, Moonlighting feels like the apex of the Reagan era, brandishing its self-congratulatory glamour, easygoing charm, self-satisfied humor and flowing wealth of style. Admittedly, the soundtrack can't capture all of the glory of the television show, which, after all, was blessed with sumptuous visuals, but it is filled with the hubris of the show -- there's no other explanation for the inclusion of two songs sung by Cybill Shepherd and one by Bruce Willis. These songs offer a fitting counterpart, capturing the stars' characters -- she's a classic glamour-puss, obsessed with pop standards, and he's a carefree rogue with a five-o'clock shadow and a love for R&B. Appropriately, those two styles -- and smooth jazz, the genre that acts as a bridge between the idioms -- are at the heart of the Moonlighting soundtrack. And in this context, Percy Sledge, the Isley Brothers, Billie Holiday and even Chubby Checker are smoothed out and plugged into a context where they add "soul" to a world that is not only devoid of "soul," but is only concerned with conspicuous consumption and never-ending good times. In other words, a definitive Reagan artifact. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE