- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles in English
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 2, 2000
- Originally Released: 1961
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 06/19/1998
"...Befitting its title, this fluff is a gorgeous sight..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
The year was 1961. Fallout shelters dot suburban backyards. Ken joins Barbie. Roger Maris slugs 61 home runs. And Elvis Presley is in paradise, playing an ex-G.I. who comes home to Blue Hawaii. His mother (Angela Lansbury) expects him to climb the corporate ladder. But Elvis would rather wear an aloha shirt than a white collar, so he goes to work as a tour guide. Lucky Elvis: his first customers are a car full of cuties. Elvis, lovely scenery, lovelier girls and rock-a-hula songs - now that's paradise!
Elvis Presley stars in this vehicle tailored to his singing talents in a return to musical comedy after several turns in dramatic roles. Chad Gates returns home to Honolulu after a stint in the service. He shows little interest in working for his overbearing parents' pineapple plantation, much to their dismay. Instead, Chad finds a job as a tour guide and thereby gives himself a chance to dance with, and sing to, a variety of Hawaii's most beautiful women. Includes musical numbers such as "Blue Hawaii," "Rock-A-Hula Baby," "Hawaiian Wedding Song" and "Island of Love," as well as the immortal "Can't Help Falling in Love."
- Additional cast: Flora Hayes (Mrs. Manaka); Gregory Gay (Mr. Duval); Darlene Tompkins (Patsy); Pamela Akert (Sandy); Christian Kay (Beverly); Jenny Maxwell (Ellie); Frank Atienza (Ito O'Hara); Lani Kai (Carl); Ralph Hanalie (Wes).
- Color by Technicolor.
- Songs include: "Blue Hawaii" and "Beach Boy Blues."