Best of The Blues #1
by Various Artists
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.49 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.49 (21% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: 1995
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MCA Special Products
- 1.B.B. KingThrill Is Gone
- 2.Bobby "Blue" BlandStormy Monday
- 3.John Lee HookerLonesome Mood
- 4.Sonny Terry & Brownie McGheeBrownie's New Blues
- 5.T-Bone WalkerWhy My Baby (Keep On Bothering Me)
- 6.Joe TurnerLittle Bittie Gal's Blues
- 7.Memphis MinnieMoanin' The Blues
- 8.I Like To Live The Love
- 9.Bobby "Blue" BlandTurn On Your Love Light
- 10.Chains And Things
Personnel: Carole King (piano).
Certainly, a single-disc budget-line collection such as MCA Special Products' Best of the Blues can't live up to its title, but those expecting such a disc to be a definitive introduction to such a rich idiom as the blues are simply deluding themselves. Think of the compilation as an affordable sampler of one label's vaults, and you'll be on the right track. And chances are you won't be disappointed, since it contains cuts from B.B. King ("The Thrill Is Gone," "Chains and Things," which features Carole King on piano), Bobby Bland ("Stormy Monday," "Turn on Your Love Light"), John Lee Hooker ("Lonesome Mood"), Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee ("Brownie's New Blues"), T-Bone Walker ("Why My Baby [Keep on Bothering Me]"), Big Joe Turner ("Little Bittie Gal's Blues"), and Memphis Minnie McCoy ("Moanin' the Blues"). They may not be the best cuts or versions the artists ever recorded (although "The Thrill Is Gone" and "Turn on Your Love Light" are indeed originals), but there's nothing particularly bad here, resulting in a listenable and fairly enjoyable budget-priced collection. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE