The Beavis and Butt-Head Experience
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 23, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Geffen Gold Line Sp.
Rolling Stone - 12/9/93, p.663.5 Stars - Good Plus - "...Amazingly, the tunes on THE BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD EXPERIENCE are far from barrel scrapings...It doesn't suck...."
Spin - 1/94, p.73Highly Recommended - "...BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD includes rowdy breakin'-the-law trash...'I Am Hell' and 'I Hate Myself And Want To Die' are goofy fun..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/26/93, p.66"...Whoa. An album that cashes in on the greatest show currently on TV. Cool...." - Rating: B-
Stereo Review (3/94, p.96) - Performance: Cool When It Doesn't Suck / Recording: Sucks When It Isn't Cool - "...The steady rocking petulance of Nirvana and the staccato, metaloid psychological confusion of Megadeath are a perfect match for the desperate identity crises of the two young protagonists..."
- 1.NirvanaI Hate Myself And Want To Die
- 2.AnthraxLooking Down The Barrel Of A Gun
- 3.Beavis & Butt-HeadCome To Butt-Head
- 4.Megadeth99 Ways To Die
- 6.AerosmithDeuces Are Wild
- 7.White ZombieI Am Hell
- 8.PrimusPoetry And Prose
- 9.Sir Mix-A-LotMonsta Mack
- 10.Red Hot Chili PeppersSearch And Destroy
- 12.I Got You Babe / Come To Butt-Head
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
"99 Ways To Die" was nominated for Best Metal Performance in the 37th Annual Grammy Awards.
Recording information: 1991-1993.
Tied together by a non-linear ideology dreamt up by two dim-witted cartoon characters, THE BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD EXPERIENCE is a study in extremist pop music tastes, so you either like it or you don't. Beavis and Butt-head like their music hard ("Yeah! Yeah!"), and they like their music loud ("Yes! Yes!"); and unlike the average fan they don't discriminate. So punk (Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers covering the Stooges) comfortably rubs shoulders with arena metal (Aerosmith, Jackyl) and hip-hop (Run DMC, and the too funky Sir Mix-A-Lot), while the hosts engage in between-song patter and dirty jokes. Most tracks can be found only on this compilation, and some of them wouldn't make sense anywhere else. Can you imagine that somebody actually got Cher to sing "cause you got me and Butt-head I've got you?" It's all priceless...if you're into this sort of thing.
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$3.99 Super Savings
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Englishmen ...Summer Is Here (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Isley Brothers Shout! (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE