Teenage Fanclub Bandwagonesque
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Teenage Fanclub ~ Grand Prix ~ $5.86
- by The Lemonheads ~ It's a Shame About Ray ~ $13.25
- by The Stone Roses ~ Stone Roses 20th Anniversary Remaster ~ $12.39
- by Big Star ~ Third / Sister Lovers ~ $10.78
- by Teenage Fanclub ~ Thirteen ~ $6.28 (Save 30%)
Products with a similar style:
- Released: August 12, 1997
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Geffen Gold Line Sp.
Spin - 12/91Highly Recommended - "..this music makes your spine shiver ...God's gift to college radio...Equal parts Neil Young, Big Star, Rolling Stones, Lindsey Buckingham, and Eddie Money..." - Ranked #1 in Spin's list of the 20 Albums Of The Year (1991) - "...this record would be hard to equal in any year. Rock music doesn't get much better than this."
Q - 12/914 Stars - Excellent - "...a penchant for genteel melodies and feedback-stafed electric guitars..." - One of Q Magazine's 50 best albums of 1991.
Alternative Press - 7/95, p.100Ranked #81 in AP's list of the 'Top 99 Of '85-'95' - "...The whole record [is] a tiny little chip of greatness....suggesting[ing] a brilliant future..."
Melody Maker - 12/91Ranked #11 in Melody Maker's list of the top 30 albums of 1991 - "...Grinding raunch plus soppy melodies equals the best album Big Star never made. Sheer ragged glory oozing honey at the core..."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Teenage Fanclub: Norman Blake, Gerard Love, Raymond McGinley, Brendan O'Hare.
Additional personnel: Joseph McAlinden (brass & string synthesizers).
Recorded at Amazon Studios, Liverpool, England between April 9 & May 12, 1991.
Personnel: Don Fleming (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Norman Blake, Raymond McGinley (vocals, guitar); Gerard Love (vocals); Paul Chisholm (guitar, background vocals); Joseph McAlinden (strings, brass, horns); Brendan O'Hare (drums); Dave Buchanan (hand claps, percussion).
Recording information: Amazon Studios, Liverpool, England (04/09/1991-05/12/1991).
Photographer: Sharon Fitzgerald.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Gerard Love; Brendan O'Hare; Norman Blake; Raymond McGinley.
Teenage Fanclub emerged from a fraternal milieu centred on the Scottish town of Bellshill. A common love of pop tradition bound the quartet together and elements of their mentors abound on this collection. Neil Young and Big Star are obvious reference points, but the Fannies are not merely Byrds copyists. Dizzy melodies, long-hair guitar and unpretentiousness abound, the set's attraction ultimately residing in its cumulative, carefree charm. An impishness enhances the entire proceedings; only the churlish can resist its obvious attractions. Since this release they have been sorely taken for granted and have become an institution rather than stars. Everybody loves them but not enough to buy them.
Children of Nuggets: Original Artyfacts From The Second... (CD)(37)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 44 ratings.
Based on 44 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 72,106
- UPC: 720642446126
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE