- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: June 21, 2005
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- [unspecified] - English
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Subtitles - French - Optional
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 02/12/1996
"...An old-fashioned family pic with feel-good to spare....[Featuring] an excellent performance by Joely Richardson and a big-hearted score by Trevor Jones..."
A practical American zoologist is sent to Scotland to prove that the legendary Loch Ness Monster doesn't exist, but when a local woman and her daughter take him to the place where Nessie lives, his outlook changes. Features computer animation from Jim Henson's Creature Shop.
American zoologist Dr. Jonathan Dempsey heads for Scotland, determined to solve the mystery of the Loch Ness monster. Using technologically advanced equipment, Dempsey surveys the waters of the Highlands for the famed beast. When he is finally convinced that Nessie doesn't exist, Dempsey decides to head back home. But a young girl hands him a camera previously owned by a man who died while searching for the creature. The film inside of it convinces Dempsey that the Loch Ness monster is not just a myth...
- In widescreen.
- Color by Metrocolor.
- Additional credits: Marc Lasko (assistant director); David Budd (camera operator); Barbara Herman-Skedling (set decorator); Andy Glen (music editor).
"Sky Boat Song", "Marie's Wedding" performed by Dave
'Bagpipe' Brooks, Tony Aldridge, Jean Marie Carroll
"Will You Go Lassie Go" by Francis McPeake
"Rhythm of My Heart" by Marc Jordan, John Capek, performed
by Rod Stewart
Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.