Deep Purple The House of Blue Light
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 4, 2002
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: UMVD Special Markets
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Bad Attitude
- $0.99 on iTunes2.The Unwritten Law
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Call Of The Wild
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Mad Dog
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Black & White
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Hard Lovin' Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes7.The Spanish Archer
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Strangeways
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Mitzi Dupree
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Dead Or Alive
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Deep Purple: Ian Gillan (vocals, harmonica, congas); Ritchie Blackmore (guitar); Jon Lord (keyboards, synthesizer); Roger Glover (synthesizer, bass); Ian Paice (drums).
Recorded at The Playhouse, Stowe, Vermont.
Personnel: Ian Gillan (vocals, harmonica, congas); Ritchie Blackmore (guitar); Jon Lord (keyboards); Roger Glover (synthesizer, bass guitar); Ian Paice (drums).
Recording information: Playhouse, Stowe, VT.
Illustrator: Dieter Zill.
During the '80s, Deep Purple, like Aerosmith, was a hard rock giant of the prior decade that ended up getting a second career chance. Three years after the band's triumphant 1984 comeback, PERFECT STRANGERS, the band released HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT, a follow-up that continued showcasing the band's sweeping brand of hard rock.
Anchored by the solid rhythm section of drummer Ian Paice and bassist/producer Roger Glover, the formidable triumvirate of Ian Gillan, Ritchie Blackmore, and Jon Lord drove these songs of devil women and outlaw living. As always, Gillan's forceful vocals and quirky lyrics brought to life femme fatales in songs like "Call of the Wild," "Hard Lovin' Woman," and the bluesy "Mitzie Dupree." The iron-lunged vocalist even wails a bit on harp before tossing in the kind of glass-breaking phrasing on "Black & White" that made "Highway Star" such a classic cut. When Lord's new-fangled synthesizers aren't replicating string sections on "The Unwritten Law," his trademark organ juices up songs like "Bad Attitude." Blackmore tattoos his distinctive string-bending technique all over BLUE LIGHT and particularly shines on "Dead or Alive."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 60 ratings.
Based on 60 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
House of the blue light Deep Purple Music Lover: Scott from Australia -- June, 22, 2011
A great 2nd album by the reformed Deep Purple before the 2nd of 3 split ups.This album is them trying to find a couple of hits it did not happen in Australia.Plenty of guitar solos and riffs.
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Rock & Pop: Hard Rock Music Categories:
Anthem for the Underdog (CD)
$8.73 Super Savings
- 21 Guns Nothing's Real (CD) ~ $14.39
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $17.08
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams (CD) ~ $12.56
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams [Clean] (CD) ~ $12.56
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE