Gloria Gaynor The Best of Gloria Gaynor [PolyGram Special Market]
|You Save:||$0.70 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Gloria Gaynor ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $4.31
- by Village People ~ Best of The Village People ~ $9.89
- by Sly & The Family Stone ~ Greatest Hits ~ $6.02
- by The Weather Girls ~ Hallelujah! It's Raining Men & Other Gems ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Soundtrack ~ Last Days of Disco ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
Products with a similar style:
- Donna Summer The Dance Collection: A Compilation of Twelve Inch Singles (CD) ~ $8.80
- Donna Summer Gold (2-CD) ~ $17.09
- Donna Summer Love To Love You Baby (CD) ~ $5.97
- Released: April 1, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: UMVD Special Markets
- $1.29 on iTunes1.I Will Survive
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Let Me Know (I Have A Right)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.As Time Goes By (Incl.The Hands Of Time)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Goin Out Of My Head
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Never Can Say Goodbye
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Luckiest Girl In The World
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Anybody Wanna Party?
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Can't Fight The Feelin'
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Casanova Brown
- $0.99 on iTunes10.So Much Love
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Because Gloria Gaynor is best known for "I Will Survive," some listeners might have a hard time imagining that an album titled The Best of Gloria Gaynor could lack that disco-soul classic. But when this German LP came out in 1977, "I Will Survive" was still two years away, and Gaynor was best known for her work with the Meco Monardo/Tony Bongiovi/Jay Ellis team. Full of gems, this LP boasts some of the strongest tracks from Gaynor's first four albums, including "Never Can Say Goodbye" and "Honey Bee" from 1975's Never Can Say Goodbye; "Casanova Brown," "If You Want It (Do It Yourself)," and "How High the Moon" from 1975's Experience Gloria Gaynor; "Let's Make a Deal" and "I've Got You Under My Skin" from 1976's I've Got You; and "We Can Start All Over Again" and the haunting "Most of All" from 1977's Glorious. Of the four albums, Glorious is the least memorable; but to its credit, Polydor's German division picks two of the stronger tracks from that competent though unremarkable release. In 1977, dance club DJs didn't find this album terribly useful because Polydor favors the shorter versions of Gaynor's hits over the extended dance versions. But then, The Best of Gloria Gaynor wasn't aimed at club DJs, and Polydor wouldn't have been able to squeeze 12 songs onto the LP if it had gone with the longer mixes. If you needed a concise overview of Gaynor's career in 1977, The Best of Gloria Gaynor was a logical choice. ~ Alex Henderson
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)(5)
$6.98 on SALE
Marvin Hamlisch Presents: The 70's - The Way We Were (DVD)
$17.55 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!