Al Green Soul Survivor
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Al Green ~ Glory to His Name [CEMA Special Markets] ~ $6.28
Products with a similar style:
- Marvin Gaye 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Volume 1 (CD) ~ $8.34
- Marvin Gaye Every Great Motown Hit (Remastered) (CD) ~ $9.89
- Released: May 16, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: A&M Super Budget
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Everything's Gonna Be Alright
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Jesus Will Fix It
- $0.99 on iTunes3.You Know And I Know
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Yield Not To Temptation
- $0.99 on iTunes5.So Real To Me
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Soul Survivor
- $0.99 on iTunes7.You've Got A Friend
- $0.99 on iTunes8.He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- $0.99 on iTunes9.23rd Psalm
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Al Green (vocals, acoustic guitar); Jimi Randolph (various instruments); Michael Toles (guitar, organ); Bobby Manuel (guitar); Andrew Love (saxophone); Paul Zaleski (keyboards, percussion); P. Leon Thomas, Gerry Peters (keyboards); Billy Preston (Hammond B-3 organ); Debra Carter (organ); Louis Paul, Jonathan Cobert (synthesizer); Francesco Centeno, Errol Thomas (bass); Willie Hall (drums, percussion); Jeff Vilinsky, Steve Mergen (drums); Eban Kelly, Berkley Buckles, Full Gospel Tabernacle Choir, Donna Blackwood, Andrea Blackwood, Jeanie Hamilton, Dennis Collins, Michael Brown, Cutis King, Pat Taylor (background vocals).
Producers: Paul Zaleski, Errol Thomas, Eban Kelly, Jimi Randolph, Deborah McDuffie.
Engineers include: Paul Zaleski, Errol Thomas, Jimi Randolph.
Recorded at Al Green Music Studio and Ardent Studio, Memphis, Tennessee; Mayfair Studios, Ltd., New York, New York.
Personnel: Al Green (vocals, guitar); Michael Toles (guitar, electric guitar, organ); Bobby Manuel (guitar); Andrew Love (saxophone); Debra Carter Hall (organ); Paul Zaleski (keyboards, percussion); Gary Peters, Leon Thomas (keyboards); Louis Paul , Jon Cobert (synthesizer); Willie Hall (drums, percussion); Jeff Vilinsky, Steve Mergen (drums); Curtis King, Andrea Blackwood, Full Gospel Tabernacle Choir, Donna Blackwood, Eban Kelly, Michael Brown , Jeanie Hamilton, Berkley Buckles, Pat Taylor, Dennis Collins (background vocals).
Recording information: Al Green Music Studio; Ardent Studios, Memphis, TN; Mayfair Studios, NY, NY; Startec, Washington DC.
Photographer: Peter Nash .
The most rewarding aspect of Al Green's work was always the way he merged the desires of the flesh with the quest for spiritual redemption. It shouldn't have surprised anyone, then, when he jumped into Gospel music with both feet, completely abandoning secular music and ultimately releasing more Gospel music than anything else. Eventually, he even became the Reverend of his own church. The spirit of salvation drips from every note of SOUL SURVIVOR. As on his other Gospel (or if you prefer, non-secular) releases, all the songs are concerned with the devotion to and search for the divine spirit. While Green does essay the occasional traditional tune ("Yield Not to Temptation"), most of SOUL SURVIVOR is solid R&B. The production may be more geared towards the electronic end than his Hi Records work, but Green's voice is still the otherworldy wonder it always was, and that's what matters most.
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the R&B / Soul genre:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Chris Kenner I Like It Like That - Golden Classics (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE