- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 8, 2002
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Stereo Surround - English
- Stereo Surround - French
- Stereo Surround - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 05/06/1994
"...Amiable....Carvey has some genuinely comic moments..."
Variety - 05/09/1994
"...Inspired comic moments..."
Dana Carvey is nearly upstaged by Barkley the Dog in this amnesiac comedy. A private eye wakes up one morning to find he has lost his memory, much to the chagrin of his clients and his girlfriend. He uses his detective skills to try to find it--only to lose it again the next day!
Private detective Pogue is having a really bad week. He witnessed a terrible explosion that left him with a weird form of amnesia: every time he goes to sleep, he wakes up with no memory of the day before. But there's one thing he knows for sure, he's been assigned to find a priceless coin. In the meantime, he's got to stay out of the line of fire, which won't be easy since the gangsters on his trail will stop at nothing to keep him quiet.
- Barkley, the 5-year old Jack Russell terrier, was featured in the "Ernest" movies and has appeared on television in "Full House."
The dog enjoys many of the comforts afforded human stars. His owner, Doree Sitterly, flies the celebrity first class, feeds him gourmet food and makes reservations in his name. And Hollywood is reportedly "yessing" the haughty hound.
- Copyright 1994 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc.