- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 1, 2004
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Stereo Surround - English
- Stereo Surround - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 06/16/1994
"...A nifty setup for an erotic thriller..."
New York Times - 05/06/1994
"...[Kazan] knows how to keep this story surprising....[Spader and Amick are] well teamed for this deadly pas de deux....As cleverly malevolent as it means to be..."
Variety - 04/11/1994
"...Amick does a creditable job....Kazan pulls off some effective scenes..."
Los Angeles Times - 05/06/1994
"...Kazan is a sophisticated sadist; he sets up situations with multiple escape routes and then closes off all the exits..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/13/1994
"...As for Madchen Amick, a stunning beauty with an edgy intelligence, Kazan has given her a role that grows more interesting as it deepens..."
A man's dream girl turns out to have a few skeletons in her closet -- and he may be next.
In a twist on the double indemnity theme, successful, newly divorced, Los Angeles architect, Ray Reardon, meets a beautiful woman, Lena, at a party. Forgiving a bad first impression, Lena agrees to date Ray, which proves to be the beginning of what appears to be a beautiful relationship. They marry and have two children, yet Ray can't stop feeling uneasy about his wife. He feels suspicious and jealous, but is unsure why. When he uncovers some peculiar and unsettling facts about Lena, he discovers that his initial uneasiness was well founded and becomes trapped in a web she has woven almost, but not quite, perfectly.
Love Story |
Theatrical Release |
- Shot in DeLuxe color using Panavision equipment.
- Additional credits: Pete Anthony (orchestrator), Evyen Klean & Paul Broucek (music supervisors).
- Cassie Cole played Tina, Age 6.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.