Robert Palmer Riptide
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Robert Palmer ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $8.84
- by The Power Station ~ The Power Station ~ $4.41
- by The Power Station ~ The Power Station (Limited) ~ $16.19
- by Robert Palmer ~ Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley ~ $8.84
- by Robert Palmer ~ The Very Best of The Island Years ~ $8.34
Products with a similar style:
- Released: June 1, 1989
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: MCA Special Products
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Robert Palmer (vocals); Eddie Martinez, Andy Taylor (guitar); Lenny Pickett (horns); Wally Badarou, Jeff Bova, Jack Waldman (keyboards); Bernard Edwards, Guy Pratt (bass); Tony Thompson, Dony Wynn (drums); Fonzie Thornton, Benny Diggs (background vocals).
Recorded at Compass Point Studios, New Providence, Bahamas.
Personnel: Robert Palmer (vocals, guitar, keyboards, drums); Chaka Khan (vocals); Eddie Martinez, Andy Taylor (guitar); Lenny Pickett (horns); Jack Waldman, Jeff Bova, Wally Badarou (keyboards); Guy Pratt, Bernard Edwards (bass guitar); Dany Wynn, Tony Thompson , Dony Wynn (drums); Fonzi Thornton, Benny Diggs (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Eric "ET" Thorngren.
Recording information: Compass Point Studios, Nassau, Bahamas.
Photographers: Guiseppo Pino; Giuseppe Pino.
Arranger: Chaka Khan.
On 1985's RIPTIDE, Robert Palmer went from being a mere successful rock musician to one of the hottest figures in the music business. With a title that could have doubled as the title of a Miami Vice episode, RIPTIDE sold by the millions. While two MTV videos facilitated the record's success, Palmer had earned it; he was in his third decade as a professional musician, and he had also written the record's smash hit "Addicted to Love."
With a drum sound that sounded as if it were recorded in God's personal recording studio, "Addicted to Love" endures as a rock classic. On this, his signature song, which revisits the love-as-illness theme he addressed "Doctor Doctor," Palmer had the satisfaction of scoring his first Number One with his own composition. The memorable video, which portrayed an immaculately coifed, Armani-clad Palmer performing in front of a wall of blase models, cemented an image of Palmer that he happily embraced. The other huge hit here, " I Didn't Mean to Turn You On," typifies the suave dance music that would become Palmer's '80s chosen style for the rest of the decade.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 25 ratings.
Based on 25 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE