- Released: 1995
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MCA Special Products
- 1.All I Ever Need Is You
- 2.A Cowboy's Work Is Never Done
- 3.When You Say Love
- 4.Mama Was A Rock And Roll Singer Papa Used To Write All Her Songs
- 5.You Better Sit Down Kids
- 6.Crystal Clear / Muddy Waters
- 7.The Beat Goes On
- 8.Bang, Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- 9.United We Stand
- 10.Bang, Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
Personnel: Sonny Bono, Cher (vocals).
Arranger: Al Capps.
Confusingly, this is NOT a straight reissue of the 1971 Kapp Records release of the same title, but rather a peculiar budget-price compilation taking half of that album and adding other random cuts. Two of these are Sonny Bono solo tracks--the divorce song "You Better Sit Down Kids" and "Crystal Clear, Muddy Waters"--and the four live ones come from the duo's early-1970s cabaret act.
More bizarre is the nearly ten-minute Spector-on-mushrooms "Mama Was A Rock and Roll Singer, Papa Used To Write All of her Songs," one of the strangest tracks the duo ever issued. (Note: this is the only CD appearance of the full-length version rather than the severely truncated single.) The live tracks, "The Beat Goes On," "I Got You Babe," "United We Stand" and a Sonny-sung "Bang Bang," are in the Vegas style familiar to fans of the duo's kitschy but popular variety show. Close your eyes and you can see the Bob Mackie gowns.