Rod Stewart Never A Dull Moment
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 3, 1998
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: UMVD Special Markets
- 1.True Blue
- 2.Lost Paraguayos
- 3.Mama You Been On My Mind
- 4.Italian Girls
- 7.You Wear It Well
- 8.I'd Rather Go Blind
- 9.Twistin' The Night Away
Personnel: Rod Stewart (vocals); Rod Stewart; Brian, Brian (piano); Spike Heatley (upright bass, acoustic bass guitar); Ronnie Lane (bass guitar); Kenney Jones, Kenny Jones (drums); Speedy, Speedy (congas); Ron Wood (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Martin Quittenton (guitar, acoustic guitar); Gordon Huntley (steel guitar); Dick Powell (violin); Ian McLagan (piano, organ); Pete Sears (piano); Mickey Waller (drums).
Photographers: Joel Brodsky; Ed Caraeff; Joseph Sia.
Unknown Contributor Role: Brian .
Arranger: Jimmy Horovidtzz.
NEVER A DULL MOMENT picks up where EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY left off. Here we have more raucous rock & roll with healthy dollops of soul and twang thrown in for good measure. Always looking for a good songwriter to cover, Stewart's honorees here include Jimi Hendrix ("Angel"), Dylan ("Mama You Been On My Mind"), and Rod's personal hero, Sam Cooke ("Twistin' The Night Away"). Sidling up nicely next to these heartfelt interpretations are some of Stewart's finest original songs. Teaming with spiritual brother Ron Wood, Stewart offers up the cheeky "Italian Girls" and "True Blue," a track that goes along at a mid-tempo clip before exploding into a heartfelt rave-up.
Most notable is a collaboration with Martin Quittenton on "You Wear It Well," an irresistible addition to the Stewart canon. Although the Sam Cooke cover is the one spot where the soulful Scot would be expected to indulge his R&B jones, Etta James's "I'd Rather Go Blind" is where Rod brings it all back home with a slow-burning vocal that wraps itself around the strolling tempo of the song. While not quite up to the perfection of EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY, NEVER A DULL MOMENT follows closely in its footsteps, and weighs in as Stewart's last classic album of the early '70s.
OLDIES 103FM - The 70's - Tenth Anniversary Ed. (CD)
$5.93 LABOR DAY
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$21.21 LABOR DAY
Still the Same: Great Rock Classics of Our Time (CD)
Wild Horses-A Rock & Roll Tribute To The Rolling Stones (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 35 ratings.
Based on 35 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Rock & Pop: Hard Rock Music Categories:
- 12 Stones Anthem for the Underdog (CD) ~ $8.73 LABOR DAY
- 21 Guns Nothing's Real (CD) ~ $14.81 LABOR DAY
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $16.50 LABOR DAY
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams (CD) ~ $12.56
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams [Clean] (CD) ~ $12.56
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE