George Strait Right Or Wrong
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.49 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.49 (21% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 27, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: MCA Special Products
- 1.You Look So Good In Love
- 2.Right Or Wrong
- 3.A Little Heaven's Rubbing Off On Me
- 4.80 Proof Bottle Of Tear Stopper
- 5.Every Time It Rains (Lord Don't It Pour)
- 6.You're The Cloud I'm On (When I'm High)
- 7.Let's Fall To Pieces Together
- 8.I'm Satisfied With You
- 9.Our Paths May Never Cross
- 10.Fifteen Years Going Up (And One Night Coming Down)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: George Stait (vocals); Leo Jackson, Jimmy Capps (acoustic guitar); Gregg Galbraith (acoustic & electric guitars); Reggie Young (electric guitar); Weldon Myrick (steel guitar); Johnny Gimble (fiddle, electric mandolin); Hargus Robbins, Bobby Wood (keyboards); Bob Moore, Henry Strzelecki, Leon Rhodes (bass); Jerry Carrigan, Gene Chrisman (drums); Hurshel Wiginton, Donna Sheridan, Judy Rodman, Lousi Nunley, Doug Clements (background vocals).
Recorded at Woodland Sound Studios, Nashville, Tennessee.
The electric pianos that kick off "You Look So Good in Love," the opening song on George Strait's third album Right or Wrong, may suggest that Strait is softening a bit, but that first impression is a bit misleading. As soon as that ballad is over, he launches into the Bob Wills standard that gives this album its title and he's as dexterous and as pure country as ever, and the rest of the album follows the lead of its title song, not the opening cut. To be sure, there are other ballads and slightly slicker material here, but the heart of this record is in the pure country of the Bakersfield love tune "A Little Heaven's Rubbing Off on Me," the light, funny "80 Proof Bottle of Tear Stopper," the Merle Haggard cover "Our Paths May Never Cross" and the barroom weeper "Let's Fall to Pieces Together." The overall tone of Right or Wrong is a little bit lighter than his first two albums -- the Western swing skips, it doesn't ride the beat hard, the honky tonk numbers don't hit at the gut, they hit at the heart -- but that only emphasizes how natural Strait's delivery is, and how he makes it all sound easy, and all sound good. It's another fine album from a singer who was already notching up a lot of them. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE